• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with dummy

#1 User is offline   kb49 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-November-21, 02:17

EBU

I was declarer in a contract of 4H. When I started to draw the trumps, on the first round LHO followed suit. On the second round LHO discarded a diamond. On the third round LHO played a heart. Dummy immediately informed LHO that she had revoked. I know that dummy is not allowed to do this. What happens next? How do you rule on this one?

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-21, 07:06

What happens next is that you call the director. Now, dummy has called attention to an irregularity. This is a violation of Law 43A1{b}: Dummy may not call attention to an irregularity during play, for which he is liable to penalty under Law 90 (Law 43B1). "May not" is the second strongest prohibition in the laws, so I would give him one. In the EBU, 10% of a top. Now, the revoke is still out there. The revoke is established (Law 63A1), so it may not be corrected (Law 63B). Since the possible transfer of tricks depends on what happens during the play, I would instruct the players to call me back at that time. When called back, I would ask if the offending side won any tricks after or including the revoke trick. If so, one trick is transferred to declarer (Law 64A2). There is one caveat (in this case) to that last: If the declarer revokes later in the hand, there is no transfer of tricks (Law 64B7). Also, the director should ensure that declarer's, or both sides' if both sides have revoked, equity has been served. If not, he should assign an adjusted score (Law 64C).
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-November-21, 11:20

Put more simply, you penalize dummy for violating the law against drawing attention to an irregularity, then resolve the irregularity in the normal manner. Law 81C3 says that the director rectifies an error of which he becomes aware of in any manner (emphasis mine). This includes learning about it through a violation in procedure.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users