• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

negative simulation picks 7S over 7N

#1 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-18, 15:24

This happened during an MPs tourney. This might be a bit of a nitpick, but if North believes I have 4 spades for my superaccept, why isn't it choosing the 100% 7NT over the 98% 7S. Of course, in this case both contracts roll home, but this was MPs where the extra 10 points might have mattered.

edit: Also, why did it bid 5NT? I can't have any kings to go along with my 4 aces.
Wayne Somerville

#2 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-18, 19:54

Oddly enough, it is well documented that GIB cannot count 13 top tricks in NT even when the bidding makes it extremely easy. It is programmed to ask for specific Kings, but it is unable to use that information to place the contract. I have seen this several times, most recently GIB held

AJxx
Ax
KQJTxx
x

I opened 1C, 1D by GIB, 1S by me. Eventually GIB Blackwooded and I showed 3 Key Cards with 5C. It bid 5D asking for the SQ and I bid 6C, showing the SQ and CK. So GIB can count 4 Spades, 1 Heart, 6 Diamonds and 2 Clubs, an ice-cold 7NT. But it signed off in 6S.

I have sent at least two Robot Reports to BBO about this, no response yet. We seem to be in another one of those periods where no one from BBO is commenting on the Bulletin Board, and it's been quite a long time since the last revision. I have no idea why.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users