• You cannot reply to this topic

How To Find the Grand

#41 User is offline   Gilithin 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-November-19, 18:30

View PostLovera, on 2023-November-18, 19:00, said:

And then ..

And then there are a few different schemes. The original, reverse 2-way game try, method is to bid the lowest suit where you would accept with 2NT being spades and 3M being nowhere. The main alternative is for 2NT to ask for the shortage (with 3 showing short spades) and 3M again being a decline for any suit. Other structures are also possible. The original scheme has a very slight theoretical advantage due to keeping declarer's hand hidden occasionally but is also slightly more likely to be forgotten. In the end, having 2 or 3 different types of game try available is more relevant than the specific structure used thereafter.

#42 User is offline   fuzzyquack 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2023-November-20, 08:45

View Posteagles123, on 2015-November-13, 14:24, said:

our Auction was a fairly unscientific one to 6s which happened to make 7 when the club was right but of course 7H is virtually cold.

As it happened we got an 80% board for being in 6 but I think we should have found 7H

How can we bid it better :) - more how can I bid it better (I was South)

spots are approx btw

Thanks

Eagles

Perhaps in Polish or strong club one may find a way, but the way if far from clear without knowing the exact shape of dummy. Note that to make sense, the grand requires specific distribution of minors. With the same HCP in dummy but 3424 shape, the grand is slightly worse than on a finesse (3433 works too). The proposed 1S-2S/3H-4H followed by a few genius bids is not kosher to me since 4H is a proposition to play in a 4-4 fit, hardly a good idea with KTx in S and 2xxx in H. Nothing wrong to stop in a slam.

#43 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2023-November-20, 09:32

View PostGilithin, on 2023-November-19, 18:30, said:

And then there are a few different schemes. The original, reverse 2-way game try, method is to bid the lowest suit where you would accept with 2NT being spades and 3M being nowhere. The main alternative is for 2NT to ask for the shortage (with 3 showing short spades) and 3M again being a decline for any suit. Other structures are also possible. The original scheme has a very slight theoretical advantage due to keeping declarer's hand hidden occasionally but is also slightly more likely to be forgotten. In the end, having 2 or 3 different types of game try available is more relevant than the specific structure used thereafter.

No, "and than ..." told by me was meaning how you had to continue thinking that you could say anything of similar as i told in #40. Without an answer by you i've than explained the bidding. Anyhow thanks.

#44 User is offline   Gilithin 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-November-24, 10:22

View PostLovera, on 2023-November-20, 09:32, said:

No, "and than ..." told by me was meaning how you had to continue thinking that you could say anything of similar as i told in #40. Without an answer by you i've than explained the bidding. Anyhow thanks.

I would continue by asking for a redeal. Opening 1 is stupidity and even if I took over from the wine waiter who had made such an error, I would not continue with a SSGT. As usual, you are simple talking a whole bunch of b0!!0[<$ in this thread. That you resurrected an 8 year old thread to do so is surely a pure act of trolling.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users