BBO Discussion Forums: Downloading lots of hand records? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Downloading lots of hand records?

#1 User is offline   wjomlex 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-November-12, 18:16

I don't suppose BBO makes available a big collection of hand records? I tried to scrape hand records a couple years ago but I got IP-banned for sending too many requests :)

It would be so cool to be able to download a whole month's worth of hand records, for the sake of analysis/research.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-13, 00:11

Bridge Captain's Double Dummy Solver is your friend
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   wjomlex 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-November-13, 13:09

Does it download hands beyond your own?

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-November-13, 13:23

wjomlex, on 2015-November-13, 13:09, said:

Does it download hands beyond your own?

yes

Subject to the limitation recently imposed by BBO that restricts access to some robot tourney hands where the ID logged into MyHands was not a player at the table.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#5 User is offline   wjomlex 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-November-13, 13:43

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out :D

#6 User is offline   wjomlex 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-November-20, 10:41

Ah, I was thinking more of the downloading the entire collection of hands played on BBO in a given month. This seems like it's just one player at a time.

#7 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-November-20, 11:21

wjomlex, on 2015-November-20, 10:41, said:

Ah, I was thinking more of the downloading the entire collection of hands played on BBO in a given month. This seems like it's just one player at a time.

OK, that would probably break the Internet.

BUT, there is a product out there. Or there was, called BridgeBrowser, by Stephen Pickett. I don't hear much about it any more these days. This is *not* a free product, but you get what you pay for (as I say, if it is still available). This is a far more powerful analytical tool than the Double Dummy Solver. So much so that it was beyond my ability to get the best out of it, but that is just me being stupid. If you go down this route, you get millions upon millions of BBO played hands thrown in, but I would expect there to be a delay in the database being updated for the most recently played hands. Other forum readers would be better placed to advise you about this product.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users