• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another Pet Peeve

#21 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-November-11, 14:19

There's the other side of the coin. The completely silent partner who doesn't even wish you 'glp' even when you've landed an obviously difficult (or impossible) contract. And same partner who won't respond to a query about a bid, leading me to have to guess (wrongly, as it turned out :( ).

Ah well - sorry to say my 'ignore' list is swelling! I didn't wish nor expect it to be this way, when I joined BBO. Thankfully the majority of players are decent, friendly and helpful! I can still steer clear of those who are less so.

#22 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-November-11, 16:13

View Postoryctolagi, on 2015-November-11, 14:19, said:

There's the other side of the coin. The completely silent partner who doesn't even wish you 'glp' even when you've landed an obviously difficult (or impossible) contract. And same partner who won't respond to a query about a bid, leading me to have to guess (wrongly, as it turned out :( ).

You'd be surprised to find out how many people haven't figured out how to chat to the table, or can't make their chat line show up if it's covered by something (eg they dragged BBO too low by accident, or their Windows task bar covers the lower part of BBO where the chat line is)

Before jumping to conclusions it's a good idea to check how experienced your partner is. If they have less than 100 logins it's quite likely that they aren't chatting because they don't know how to do that :)

#23 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-11, 18:12

Good point, Diana Eva - except that the partner in question has "2+" BBO points, over 5000 logins, and has on their card "advanced"! I thought I'd landed myself with a good partner who might help me out a bit....

Oh well - obviously too good for the likes of me... :blink:

Don't worry: I'm happy with 99% of the folks I've been playing with...

#24 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-12, 00:51

View Postoryctolagi, on 2015-November-11, 14:19, said:

Ah well - sorry to say my 'ignore' list is swelling! I didn't wish nor expect it to be this way, when I joined BBO. Thankfully the majority of players are decent, friendly and helpful! I can still steer clear of those who are less so.

You can put whoever you want on your blacklist. Entirely your choice. I would just observe that your threshold is pretty low if this qualifies (excluding the failure to respond to a direct question). There's a lot worse rudities out there.

Personally my chattiness varies from day to day. Tired after a long day I say a lot less, and I tend to cut out the platitudes, which could come across as discourteous. If playing on my mobile phone my chat is pretty much non-existent. It is really hard to chat on a phone virtual keypad while playing.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#25 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-12, 10:00

Hmmmmmm... good point there. I've trimmed my ignore list back to just two names now. They were individuals with whom there were other issues. I'd rather it were no names at all on it.

I'm playing so badly at the moment, I feel like chucking it in anyway... :(

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users