BBO Discussion Forums: Goodbye- an apology and an explanation - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Goodbye- an apology and an explanation

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-October-26, 11:12

It's the internet Mike, no need to take it too seriously. You have taken breaks before more than once so I am hopeful that you will come back in due course. In the meantime, whatever you do be sure to enjoy it. We'll all be waiting for you when you decide you will enjoy spending the time here more. B-)
(-: Zel :-)

#22 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-26, 14:19

View PostZelandakh, on 2015-October-26, 11:12, said:

It's the internet Mike, no need to take it too seriously. You have taken breaks before more than once so I am hopeful that you will come back in due course. In the meantime, whatever you do be sure to enjoy it. We'll all be waiting for you when you decide you will enjoy spending the time here more. B-)

I agree with this totally. Hope to see you again Mike.
The artist formerly known as jlall

#23 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-27, 02:51

I think he just switched to BW

#24 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-27, 03:05

View PostFluffy, on 2015-October-27, 02:51, said:

I think he just switched to BW

I wonder how long he'll put up with the horrible user interface.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#25 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-18, 11:57

I just saw this thread now...

Sad thing to hear, Mike. You are one of the most informed people about this game despite not being a pro player. I think the beef between you and Arend goes way back before I joined BBF. I do not know the history and I do not want to know, it does not matter. Sad that both of you are in my favourite list.

Please do not compare yourself with the banned individual from BW.
It is also disappointing that just when Diana and I was about to put you against JEC, with Arend being your partner and The Hog and I would be your teammates! Sad that this dream team line up for BBF will not happen! Posted Image
Anyway, wish you the best of everything Mike, hopefully you will keep on writing in BW and I will see you there.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#26 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2015-November-18, 12:18

Hi Mike. I doubt you'll read mine or Timo's replies but in case,you do I always appreciated your posts if for no other reason you put a lot of time and effort into them and it helped me with my own thought process.

I always sensed tension between you and Arend. It wasn't a friendly discourse but I couldn't put my finger on the source and it seemed like I missed some of the friction during the past few years.

You were nothing like Pokorny lol. Probably the polar opposite if anything.

BTW getting bored with BW. Seems they are spending too much time on tangential issues.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#27 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-18, 15:24

Sorry I can't take it anymore.

Yes, there was a long-standing beef between Mike and me. From my side, I just got frequently annoyed by his sometimes condescending and patronising tone towards anyone but 2-3 posters; plus I just happened to disagree with him much more often than with any other respected regular poster on BBF. There is nothing about our beef that was hidden, or that dates back years.

But there is no reason this had to erupt. Clearly, something about the discussions about cheating allegations got under Mike's skin, probably by offending his sense of justice. It led him to do s.th. that isn't just what normally happens in a flameware on "the internet". Everything in my post upthread his 100% correct - there is no judgement from me involved. (The last sentence is closest to involving a judgement, and there you can make your own by rereading Mike's post in this thread.) And Mike left because what he did was exposed by the thread I started and got taken down, and Mike was too embarrassed to deal with it. (The moderators even gave him a chance to respond in private chat and he did not bother; plus everyone who read my thread before it got taken down would know what happened.)

There is a reason why my post upthread got upvoted by two regular posters who usually stay out of fights. Sorry Zel and Justin, for once you are both wrong, this wasn't just "the internet".
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#28 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2015-November-18, 16:45

I also see no reason why the principals can't work this out between themselves over a beer or a glass of wine or Scotch or dinner somewhere. I hope this happens. Send me the bill. The bridge world is sick and tired of hearing about your damn differences of opinion and temperament. Shake hands and get back to arguing respectfully like men.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#29 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-November-18, 16:57

View Posty66, on 2015-November-18, 16:45, said:

I also see no reason why the principals can't work this out between themselves over a beer or a glass of wine or Scotch or dinner somewhere. I hope this happens. Send me the bill. The bridge world is sick and tired of hearing about your damn differences of opinion and temperament. Shake hands and get back to arguing respectfully like men.

Now that you mention it I have some things to settle with a few posters here. Can I send you the bill?

#30 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2015-November-18, 17:07

I always try to appreciate intelligent, reasoned and sensible arguments. Mike was one of the better-mannered and eloquent, in here, but that condescension and arrogance really came to the fore in the climate thread. I was quite taken aback by his manner and thought process (argument from authority etc.) so I am kind of glad that Arend got him to take a step back and look hard at his position. No matter how unfortunate the "reality" of his beef with "Cherdano", the saying in french is "Donner une chance au coureur." which means everyone makes mistakes so cut them some slack.

"Life and death" seriousness over trifles is often borne from basic insecurities. Breathe deep and relax. There are plenty of real problems to go around.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#31 User is offline   kuhchung 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-November-18, 17:14

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-November-18, 16:57, said:

Now that you mention it I have some things to settle with a few posters here. Can I send you the bill?

Diana you are the worst person on this forum and the worst moderator I have ever seen ughhhh I cannot stand you. Also, where do you want to go to eat?
Videos of the worst bridge player ever playing bridge:
https://www.youtube....hungPlaysBridge

#32 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-November-18, 17:29

View Postkuhchung, on 2015-November-18, 17:14, said:

Diana you are the worst person on this forum and the worst moderator I have ever seen ughhhh I cannot stand you. Also, where do you want to go to eat?

30 days restricted to post only in the Water Cooler for that!

Pick me up at 7.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users