BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs Jec Sat, Oct 17 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs Jec Sat, Oct 17 2PM EDT (8PM CET) Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC's team on Sat

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-October-14, 22:51

Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC's team on Saturday at 2PM NY Time (8PM Central European Time).

#2 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-October-15, 10:12

The 31st of October is the first one where CET applies. Still two more on CEST. Note that 31st of October will still be EDT, thus the time difference will be 5 hours rather than 6. You really should get your time zones cleaned up by then or there will be an accident.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-15, 23:18

View Postmgoetze, on 2015-October-15, 10:12, said:

The 31st of October is the first one where CET applies. Still two more on CEST. Note that 31st of October will still be EDT, thus the time difference will be 5 hours rather than 6. You really should get your time zones cleaned up by then or there will be an accident.

I don't get the persistence in explaining that it should be CEST and not CET, what's the big deal. I'm spelling out always that it's 8PM Central European Time and that was good enough until now, so that no European has missed the match by one hour.

I know there's a two weeks difference where times will be all messed up betw US/Europe, but hopefully we'll manage to get it right :)

That said, wanna play on Sat?

#4 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-16, 05:27

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-October-15, 23:18, said:

I don't get the persistence in explaining that it should be CEST and not CET, what's the big deal. I'm spelling out always that it's 8PM Central European Time and that was good enough until now, so that no European has missed the match by one hour.

I know there's a two weeks difference where times will be all messed up betw US/Europe, but hopefully we'll manage to get it right :)

That said, wanna play on Sat?

Sorry, my mom is coming to visit on Saturday. As for the "big deal", it just annoys me to see wrong times. 8PM CET is 9PM CEST, OK most people don't understand that but that's not really a good reason to give them the wrong time, especially when you could just put in an extra S. ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#5 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-16, 05:45

View Postmgoetze, on 2015-October-16, 05:27, said:

Sorry, my mom is coming to visit on Saturday. As for the "big deal", it just annoys me to see wrong times. 8PM CET is 9PM CEST, OK most people don't understand that but that's not really a good reason to give them the wrong time, especially when you could just put in an extra S. ;)

Are you sure? According to http://time.is/CET it is the same if I understand correctly.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#6 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-16, 09:14

View Posthelene_t, on 2015-October-16, 05:45, said:

Are you sure? According to http://time.is/CET it is the same if I understand correctly.

So some random website I never heard of before claims CET is UTC+2. Wikipedia claims CET is UTC+1. Hm.

https://en.wikipedia...l_European_Time
    -- Bertrand Russell

#7 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-16, 11:26

And now you know why we crashed a multi billion dollar space mission craft when US scientists failed to consider the difference btn british (the authors of the manual) and US BTUS:))))

I will be there just in case but just back from 11 day vacation (no computer) so rusty at best.

#8 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-17, 03:40

Unfortunately I've got a ton of work to do today, I don't have time to look for 3 more people so I told susi to start looking for a team. Sorry, next week we'll try again.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users