BBO Discussion Forums: Your-Turn-To-Bid Audio Alert Fix? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your-Turn-To-Bid Audio Alert Fix?

#1 User is offline   USViking 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-September-30, 17:01

There often is no your-turn-to-bid audio alert during the auction in the Free Automated Fun
and Free TCR 80 Automated Fun tournaments. The problem is most prevalent with, and may be
limited to the first bid of the auction.

As as result I get removed from more tournaments for failure to bid than I like to admit.
(I usually join a tournament several minutes before start time, and then go somewhere else
to do something other than stare at the screen and wait for the tournament to start).

I know it is my responsibility to bid when I am supposed to and that it is my own fault when
I am removed for not doing so. However, It is reasonable to guess that this happens to quite
a few people, perhaps in many or most tournaments. If so, and if there is a quick fix for the
problem then I hope BBO will consider making it.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-October-01, 08:53

You should get the same alert sound in automated fun tourneys as in other tourneys or regular tables when the bidding box appears. Are you asking for a second alert when the warning about being removed pops up?

#3 User is offline   USViking 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-01, 10:39

View Postbarmar, on 2015-October-01, 08:53, said:

You should get the same alert sound in automated fun tourneys as in other tourneys or regular tables when the bidding box appears. Are you asking for a second alert when the warning about being removed pops up?

No, no need for a second alert as long as I get a first alert, which I am not always getting.
This has happened so many times for so long a period of time that I am certain there is a
problem as I have described it, at least on my PC.

#4 User is offline   palabreur 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-October-01, 18:11

View PostUSViking, on 2015-October-01, 10:39, said:

No, no need for a second alert as long as I get a first alert, which I am not always getting.
This has happened so many times for so long a period of time that I am certain there is a
problem as I have described it, at least on my PC.

I get the same issue when I navigate to a different tab in Chrome. In case it matters, Chrome version 45.0.2454.101 m, Windows 7 Enterprise. Can't say when it started, but sometime in the last month or two.

Edit: tried to recreate this just now and couldn't. I don't know what's going on.

#5 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-02, 10:01

Not to threadjack, but a little more granularity on the sound controls (Flash version) would be great, if possible... I'd like to be able to be chimed when it's my turn to bid or alert, but not have the CHHHK of the cards. Nitpicky, but ....

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users