BBO Discussion Forums: Historical Tourney Completion Percentage - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Historical Tourney Completion Percentage

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-September-27, 14:22

During the summer vacation I had only an unreliable telephone internet connection and was forced to drop out of several tournaments. Since then until last week I was refused access to any "Express - Free TCR 90 Automated Tournament" on the basis of my low "historical tourney completion percentage", even though my connection is now stable and in the meantime I had completed 100% of apparently similar "Express - Free Tournament" events. Last week I was finally allowed to play in the "Free TCR 90" type of tournament, I completed a few but today I was newly refused with the same motivation.
Please could somebody explain the precise criteria with which a user is refused access to the various tournaments and suggest what I can do to play again, other than creating a new identity?

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2015-September-27, 15:55

you must play all 8 boards to count as completed. the tournaments count against you as you if left early or lost connection.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-September-27, 22:58

From the Main BBO site:

Help
BBO Help
Click here to open our help system in a new browser window.
The very last entry on the topic list is: TCR and MCR Numbers on Profile What do these numbers mean?
detailed explanation given of the calculation.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-September-28, 10:23

It uses the last 60 days of tournaments, and you have to have played in at least 10 tournaments during that period to update your TCR. During the last 60 days, you've played in 14 tourneys, and you completed 12 of them, which is 86%. The tournaments you played in last week were "Free Automated Fun" and "Free TCR 80", not "Free TCR 90", that's why you were able to play.

One of your two withdrawals was on July 31. So if you do nothing, your TCR will jump up to 92% on Wednesday morning, because it will be outside the 60 day window.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2015-September-28, 13:49

View Postbarmar, on 2015-September-28, 10:23, said:

It uses the last 60 days of tournaments, and you have to have played in at least 10 tournaments during that period to update your TCR. During the last 60 days, you've played in 14 tourneys, and you completed 12 of them, which is 86%. The tournaments you played in last week were "Free Automated Fun" and "Free TCR 80", not "Free TCR 90", that's why you were able to play.

One of your two withdrawals was on July 31. So if you do nothing, your TCR will jump up to 92% on Wednesday morning, because it will be outside the 60 day window.

Makes sense, I didn't notice the difference TCR 80 vs TCR 90.
Thanks very much for the clear and informative reply.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users