BBO Discussion Forums: An hand like this (at Main Bridge Club) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An hand like this (at Main Bridge Club)

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-September-26, 00:41

It is happened recently at MBC. I prefer and suggest enter at table via full table. You start as kib and can watch bidding and players and shapes untill anyone leave seat and you try to enter so to know better your partner and opp. However last time because i didn't want to wait i was choising a table open with bots. The hand i saw :AKQJxx in spade, QJ10xx in heart, A in diamond and K in club. I open with 1 and my partner immediatly raise (!) than i bid 4NT with alert 1430kb. The answer was 5 and than it being 0 keys i ended on 5 but when dummy was discovered i noted the A of heart chatting that answere must be 5 and that raise was with two spade only (?). Fourthemore when playing i was removed three times without an explanation and three times i got to re-enter in table to play and realize contract. The hand of partner: xx in spade, Axx in heart, Q10xxx in diamond and xxx in club.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-26, 00:52

I don't understand your question or point being made.

There were no robots. Your partner does not get to see your alert and in all likelihood was not playing (and might not even know) 1430.

Would possession of a third Spade have improved prospects significantly?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-September-26, 01:17

View Post1eyedjack, on 2015-September-26, 00:52, said:

I don't understand your question or point being made.

There were no robots. Your partner does not get to see your alert and in all likelihood was not playing (and might not even know) 1430.

Would possession of a third Spade have improved prospects significantly?

You are always (as Zelandakh) most quickly. Thanks for the hand (but how you can do it so quickly if i had not told data ?) that was my intention to post. I wonder myself to try a player with bot and willing try to play with these because in MSN i could not play i seat but immediatly it change with three players. The answer to my chat (it was probably a justify) was that hand was not good to try slam. But you can see that if in heart was K slam is (or if K is in W). The problem is that if it is a mistake bidding ok but not if one think to alterate information. Infact lucky i had a spade selfsupporting but partner bid not know it and what type of hand i had and it is better to leave bid yet to improve (in profile it was not seemed that partner did not know RKB 1430). I posted this hand also because it is of type Queen denial for King information ( http://www.bridgebas...post__p__853965

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users