• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

jump shift auction trouble

#1 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-September-21, 21:05

IMPS

3 = can be artificial, doesn't promise any clubs, can be also GF with 4 exactly hearts or near 2 opener spade one suiter.
Responder expected to bid 3 with most hands, so 4 is showing probably 7+ clubs though not specifically discussed.

You had no way to show an invitational club one suiter directly over 1, 3 would have been Bergen, so the only option other than 1nt is to GF with 2, please note if you disagree with 1nt under these circumstances. Also if you think this hand should bid 5 rather than 4.

What now?
What's rdbl by responder supposed to show? What's rdbl by opener supposed to show if responder passes?
What's the difference between 5 here vs. pass followed by 5, without any specific discussion?

What were you supposed to bid if the opening leader hadn't doubled to tell herself what to lead?

#2 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2015-September-21, 23:44

I use this 3C treatment myself. To me redouble would promise a control, which i lack. Whether 1st or 2nd depends on agreements, but for me it would suggest a stiff. A pass says I have nothing to say, including no heart control....if I cuebid hearts here, that would deny a diamond control. So pass seems about right. If partner continues with 4H, I will bid the slam. Otherwise we play 5C.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-22, 19:39

I'd bid 5 previous round having no control in other suits. I'd bid 5 now.

If 1 -5 is natural that's what I'd do.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users