BBO Discussion Forums: And yet again: pass, X, bid one more? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

And yet again: pass, X, bid one more? bd 23, BBF vs JEC, Sept. 12

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-September-12, 17:09

2M is constructive. Would you have bid diamonds along the way? What will you do now?

#2 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-September-12, 17:19

And if you pass, do you expect it to be forcing?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-September-12, 17:21

mgoetze, on 2015-September-12, 17:19, said:

And if you pass, do you expect it to be forcing?

Yeah good point. I actually though about that too when we played this.

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-September-12, 18:00

Bidding 4 or 3 both have ups and downs. I can live with both of them happily. One of them can work better if they compete, other one works better when they don't and allows you to hide your hand. I'd pass over 5. 4 was a stretch anyway.

About forcing pass...some will argue that it is forcing because both opps coming from pass and we bid game voluntarily and they are now obviously saving.. These are good points.
Some others will say W could have created forcing pass before he bid 4, which I really do not like. I mean who would guess a passed hand would bid upto 5 level all by himself? If we show our hand each time before we bid game, just in case they may come back at 5 level, then we are nuts. It is not like forcing pass is such a great tool and help players to improve their hand evaluation by a lot. One can live happily without using it at all.

But I still think EW should not be in forcing pass auction. Perhaps I lost a lot of imps because of this. 1-2-4 does not create forcing pass to me. I don't care what kind of stupidity opponents are up to.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users