BBO Discussion Forums: U.S. Open Tennis (Grand Slam) 2015 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

U.S. Open Tennis (Grand Slam) 2015

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-September-12, 04:04

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-12, 04:21

The " La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno" newspaper of my cyty (Bari in Puglia) tiltled "Flavia and Roberta Queens of New York" and subtitled "Incredible but true : Puglia - Rest of the World 2-0". Infact Flavia Pennetta is from Brindisi while Roberta Vinci is from Taranto. And when on 3-3 (around 9:00) in the Athur Ashe Arenas starts a standing ovation (E adesso applaudite anche me, c***o) it is the apotheosys and Roberta Vinci realizes the street for this nice victory. I must admit rarely we can watch a type of play of so high level (Sorry guys, but today is my day). Let's enjoy.

#3 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-12, 06:15

I missed it.

BBC news has the following quote:

"It was an incredible match,' said the Italian. "I lost the first set, and tried to stay in every point. I tried to stay focused and not think about Serena. It is the best moment of my life."

This is very gracious.

The Williams sisters have done a great deal for women's tennis, however I think it is best if no one is seen as the inevitable winner. This result is good for tennis.

Congratulations. We have company coming today but maybe I will record the final.

By all means, let's enjoy.
Ken

#4 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2015-September-12, 07:24

View PostLovera, on 2015-September-12, 04:21, said:

The " La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno" newspaper of my cyty (Bari in Puglia) tiltled "Flavia and Roberta Queens of New York" and subtitled "Incredible but true : Puglia - Rest of the Word 2-0". Infact Flavia Pennetta is from Brindisi while Roberta Vinci is from Taranto. And when on 3-3 (around 9:00) in the Athur Ashe Arenas starts a standing ovation (E adesso applaudite anche me, c***o) it is the apotheosys and Roberta Vinci realizes the street for this nice victory. I must admit rarely we can watch a type of play of so high level (Sorry guys, but today is my day). Let's enjoy.

Puglia - some of the best wine I ever had came from Puglia.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-12, 09:45

View Postkenberg, on 2015-September-12, 06:15, said:

I missed it.

BBC news has the following quote:

This is very gracious.

The Williams sisters have done a great deal for women's tennis, however I think it is best if no one is seen as the inevitable winner. This result is good for tennis.

Congratulations. We have company coming today but maybe I will record the final.

By all means, let's enjoy.

During the interview the speaker tells she was quoted about probabilities to win against Serena Williams 1:300 and her (laughing): Coach do you hear me ? Quanto ho vinto ?(How much i have won ?) The New York Herald titled that Roberta Vinci has changed the history of tennis referring to Williams that tried to win Grand Slam and also CNN (Incredible and shocking surprise). However the Williams sisters remaining both strong players (we had other two too Sara Errani and Francesca Schiavone for the Italian tennis).

#6 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-12, 10:08

View PostWinstonm, on 2015-September-12, 07:24, said:

Puglia - some of the best wine I ever had came from Puglia.

That is the Italian Region about Olives grooves and vineyards. And remaining on thema of people of Puglia i can suggest http://www.google.it...+Albano+Carrisi famous singer that married Romina Power daughter of Tyron Power and Linda Christian that actually has gotten a reunion with Romina Power and their go round in tour (Atlantic City, Niagara Falls, in Spain) without forget Domenico Modugno (Volare) and Pietro Mennea (9":90 on 100 metres :its record remained for many years).

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-12, 15:45

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

#8 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-12, 15:48

Althoug interviewed by Max Vilander and Arancha Sanchez has told that ends the season of play.

#9 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2015-September-12, 18:39

View PostLovera, on 2015-September-12, 10:08, said:

That is the Italian Ragion about Olives grooves and vineyards. And remaining on thema of people of Puglia i can suggest http://www.google.it...+Albano+Carrisi famous singer that married Romina Power daughter of Tyron Power and Linda Christian that actually has gotten a reunion with Romina Power and their go round in tour (Atlantic City, Niagara Falls, in Spain) without forget Domenico Modugno (Volare) and Pietro Mennea (9:90 on 100 metres :its record remained for many years).

I was in the Puglia region in 2014 on a Rick Steves tour of southern Italy. Wonderful time. Matera was amazing.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users