Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with communicating

#1 User is offline   maryann ns 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-September-10, 13:12

I am new to BBO and have played a few hands of bridge. However I cannot figure out how to send messages. The screen at the bottom lets me click on table or whatever but there is no line (place) at the bottom to type. I know there is supposed to be a space (row) there but there is not on my screen.

What am I doing wrong.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-September-10, 19:04

Along the right side of the window, do you see a "Chat" tab (below Who's Online and My Results)? That will happen if you drag the bottom of the playing area too far into the chat area. Click on that to see the chat area. There's will be a tiny line where you can type your messages.

To get the normal chat area, drag the separator bar at the bottom of the playing area up to make room for it.

If that doesn't help, send a screenshot to support@bridgebase.com and they'll help you.

#3 User is offline   maryann ns 

• Pip

Posted 2015-September-11, 11:56

OK So I can drag up to make the chat area larger, but the line where you type is still hidden. I can sort of see it under the bottom windows bar on the page. I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to get a screen shot and that is not working right either.

I sound like a hopeless neophyte but that is not really the case. Part of the problem may be Windows 10.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I will meanwhile do some internet searching on Windows ten and the bar at the bottom of the page, etc.

#4 User is offline   maryann ns 

• Pip

Posted 2015-September-11, 12:29

Problem solve! I had to go to the control panel and set it to auto hide the task bar.

Thanks for your help and I hope this helps others.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-September-11, 13:31

That has come up before, I forgot about it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users