• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Move or settle?

#21 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-September-16, 08:08

IF I have been having a really bad day I might try for a top via pass hoping against hope the "very" normal looking 4s contract is doomed to failure because opener has the most ragged weak or value duplicative hand possible.

The question of game or slam depends on how much one is willing to gamble if the cue bidding sequence is a success. 4c followed by say 4h (denying a dia control) If you are willing to bid at least 6 I would go ahead and try this method. If what sounds like the most favorable sequence possible is not enough to convince you to at least try a small slam don't bother stay with a simple 4s. Unlike some of the above if p bids 4d over my 4c bid I will just bid 4s since the odds have gone down considerably of making slam and even the 5 level might not be safe.

#22 User is offline   neilkaz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Backgammon, Bridge, Hockey

Posted 2015-September-16, 09:31

I'll make a game try also. 4 bidding game and then trying to make it. All PD did was give me a single raise. I have a void in the suit he opened. I will not leak info to help the opp's defense by probing for a very lucky slam.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users