Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assignment to Sections How does BBo assign a pair to a section

#1 User is offline   patcunk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-August-29, 11:31

I just realized that in the last two speedball tourneys that I did not play the other pairs listed in my section. What is BBO's criteria for assigning a pair to a section? I find it difficult to understand how you have a very good score, which in most sections would give you first place, and then you find out you were assigned to a section where you come in second and you did not play those pairs. Just curious to see if anyone has any insight on the algorithm they use.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-August-29, 20:52

It seems like you're confused about how a Mitchell movement works. You're assigned to either NS or EW, and you keep that direction for the duration of the game. You play the pairs in the other direction, and you're ranked against the pairs in the same direction (except in the overall awards, which puts everyone into a single pool).

The last speedball you played was #2845 Friday 7pm. You were in Section 4 EW. The 4 pairs you played against were in Section 4 NS.

#3 User is offline   patcunk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-August-30, 07:25

View Postbarmar, on 2015-August-29, 20:52, said:

It seems like you're confused about how a Mitchell movement works. You're assigned to either NS or EW, and you keep that direction for the duration of the game. You play the pairs in the other direction, and you're ranked against the pairs in the same direction (except in the overall awards, which puts everyone into a single pool).

The last speedball you played was #2845 Friday 7pm. You were in Section 4 EW. The 4 pairs you played against were in Section 4 NS.

Duh and thanks. As I usually play with the robots, I never bothered to look at how the sections were arranged never thinking of N/S and E/W in a regular tourney, thus my ignorance on the subject.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users