• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CHO Preempts

#21 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-August-27, 04:34

View PostBillPatch, on 2015-August-26, 14:21, said:

Perhaps in China you bid 4 with a Queen high suit and expect to be doubled and since you have no quick tricks, you expect to lose 13 tricks and all the IMPs.
In the West we fear losing telephone numbers and thus tend to bid 4 only with such a long suit with some top honors so that 4 doubled vulnerable will probably not be worse than the other side's potential game. We would expect partner to have 8+ diamonds to the AQ since we have the K.

Also, the AKQxxx is likely to take more than its two quick tricks if our side is declaring in diamonds or spades.

One normally uses Quick tricks only for an estimate of defensive tricks possible in the non-trump suits, or to determine whether to open a borderline hand with one of a suit or a weak NT.

Please refrain from making references like "in China you do this, but here in West we do that", or "wombats do that", etc. Typically people posting in the forums ask for readers opinion about the hand or the problem they are submitting, not about their country, species, skill level, or other inferences you keep inserting that come across as obnoxious if not plainly offensive.

#22 User is offline   BillPatch 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:income taxes, american history, energy

Posted 2015-August-27, 13:40

Sorry, I was out of line here. I apologize to Lycier and the board.

On the Wombat matter, I never suggested that Wombats play so. Wombatica was the screen name of the original poster, who had indicated that he was a beginner asking a question about whether a bid was simple Blackwood. I repeatably asked that responders on that post try to reply to the original poster. I did this out of respect for wombatica, a fellow forum poster. Perhaps I came across as a Buffoon through my humor, but I meant well.

#23 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-August-27, 17:26

Outing an eagle as a wombat is a serious violation.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users