BBO Discussion Forums: 6[Sp] at Relaxed Club - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6[Sp] at Relaxed Club

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-August-18, 06:50

{comments}

#2 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-18, 07:04

An object lesson in how to make your post unintelligible even without using any words. :blink: :angry:
(-: Zel :-)

#3 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-18, 07:09

Having copied the link into another browser window I am at a loss to understand what the question is. The only interesting thing I can see is that the OP chose not to respect a sign off and got lucky when Opener had a ridiculous amount of extras. I was rather expecting a squeeze. Is it a UI case?
(-: Zel :-)

#4 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-18, 07:19

On 17/8/15 i have played the hand in post #1. My partner tells 1 as opening bids and i 3 with alert sureing to continue(=is not limitatif bidding). My partner raise 4. Why ?. The points get us on slam zone (also with my bidding of 3=14-18 balanced usually 4432). Than i bid 4NT with a second alert(=RKB1430) and p via chat :1430 ? I answer :yes (and alert had been seen ?). When 5 i try to figure its hand without Aces(=0-3 keys) but yet there was one i excluded it (as one). To be sure i ask for Q and partner convert in 6, if not because with 5 i tell i have 3 cards in spade to K and an A aside, on eventually 5(=not Q) i bid 6 althoug. With this resulting (collatering p via chat says 31S) we (and others 3 couples ) had a semitop and 6NT was top. About play in spade there is 5 tricks sures as impasse is possibile in two ways.

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-18, 07:23

View PostZelandakh, on 2015-August-18, 07:09, said:

Having copied the link into another browser window I am at a loss to understand what the question is. The only interesting thing I can see is that the OP chose not to respect a sign off and got lucky when Opener had a ridiculous amount of extras. I was rather expecting a squeeze. Is it a UI case?

Hi, Zelandakh. I was writing. Please gimme time, bye. (It starts now).

#6 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-20, 00:50

I have posted this hand from My Hands database for these raisons :1) once time i posted writing after comments cards disappear than to avoid this one i posted initally only the hand copied (i am not able with informatic operations); 2) about bidding there is ambiguty by opener for keys and answer on 5; 3) about bidding before slam searching i think is usefull to orient partner explaning your bidding as ruled on your system because not everyone can use the same one (in this way you can avoid misunderstanding); 4) because in this hand the King of heart is offside need to realize 5 tricks in spade : where is the Queen ? Is it second offside or third onside ? The latter case is interesting because if opp lead x need to decide if to lead to A(=Qx offside) or try impasse(=Qxx onside), bye.

#7 User is offline   BillPatch 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:income taxes, american history, energy

Posted 2015-August-20, 09:28

Sorry, Lovera. That hand diagram is too small. I could understand your Italian better than read the fine print, and I can only read that because I studied Spanish 40 years ago, and then my coursework was insufficient to meet my college foreign language requirements. I did get the BA at Columbia College, New York, through finishing 2nd year German. Unlike Zel, my computer skills are also rusty, and it is not easy for me to enlarge the screen that way. You post successfully well enough here and your experience with Youtube suggest that you are able to solve the technical problems at your end to repost the problem large enough for your audience.

#8 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-20, 10:13

I know that on the standard handviewer records you can add |399|300 to make the hand display at a sensible size. Not sure whether that also works on these web handviewer links.

ahydra

#9 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-20, 11:16

Count me in with those who don't get what's interesting about it. You would need to have a pretty good read if you were going to take the backwards finesse. As for the finesse or drop "problem" there is a little known rule called "8 ever 9 never" for when you don't know enough otherwise.
Wayne Somerville

#10 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-20, 11:43

View PostBillPatch, on 2015-August-20, 09:28, said:

Sorry, Lovera. That hand diagram is too small. I could understand your Italian better than read the fine print, and I can only read that because I studied Spanish 40 years ago, and then my coursework was insufficient to meet my college foreign language requirements. I did get the BA at Columbia College, New York, through finishing 2nd year German. Unlike Zel, my computer skills are also rusty, and it is not easy for me to enlarge the screen that way. You post successfully well enough here and your experience with Youtube suggest that you are able to solve the technical problems at your end to repost the problem large enough for your audience.

Hi BillPatch. About YouTube experience i must say that my channel (have you seen ? It is type " YouTube suggest " and is very simple to realize play list not requiring informatic knowledge). About diagram : you can make it bigger only enlarged with fingers so it is more visible. Thanks you for having said that i post successfully well here. I know that diagram are more visible via tinyurl but i don't know (seen ?) how to do it. Bye.

#11 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-20, 11:46

View Postahydra, on 2015-August-20, 10:13, said:

I know that on the standard handviewer records you can add |399|300 to make the hand display at a sensible size. Not sure whether that also works on these web handviewer links.

ahydra

I work only with a tablet Samsung 10.2" and i have not computer.

#12 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-20, 11:59

View Postmanudude03, on 2015-August-20, 11:16, said:

Count me in with those who don't get what's interesting about it. You would need to have a pretty good read if you were going to take the backwards finesse. As for the finesse or drop "problem" there is a little known rule called "8 ever 9 never" for when you don't know enough otherwise.

About rule :if refferred to impasse with 9 cards usually needs to rescue top honors but very rule can have exception because on according with Simmetry Law (E. Blackwood) anytime it is possibile(=more probable) that impasse it is winning depending from own hand shape. To have more informations about where Queen is it is better to see, rescouting cards, how honors in the other suits are divided.

#13 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-20, 23:55

#14 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-21, 00:04

Thanks at Bbradley62 and Inquiry indications that i requested also to manudude03 in help suit slam try in GIB robot discussion i can make to see to you the hand in better visible format. This hand seem relate with those of Queen denial and 5 allow you to have information about King of heart to realize a grand, bye. (En passant : Lovera is with wazir18, that has played the hand, in East and in North nedge).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users