Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bingo Reward Strategy Best Strategy to BINGO in four minutes or less

#1 User is offline   AAr 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-August-16, 11:10

Against a player who never BINGOs, all I have to do is not even to Bingo in the 25 minutes, but get so I only need to get one square to do it, in the entire 25 minutes. I don't run into them often.

Against a player who BINGOs fifteen minutes in, I need to BINGO in fourteen minutes or less, which is still pretty easy with decent cards. Against a player who BINGOs ten minutes in, I need to BINGO in nine minutes or less, which seems OK enough with good cards.

This is my question:

Most of the opponents I run into in BINGO reward BINGO in less than five minutes. Since it appears that the tourney is essentially over once your opponent BINGO (or enough opponents BINGO in more player tourneys), since its impossible to beat or tie them:

The strategy seems to be, in order to beat somebody who BINGOs in five minutes is to BINGO in four minutes. Since that seems the strategy to aim for with the opponents I get, what is the best strategy to accomplish this?

A. Open only really strong hands?
B. Try to use no more than six (or at most) seven hands (excluding passouts) to get a BINGO?
B1) And, if this is the case, then should I commit to one line and stick with it, instead of going to alternate lines?
C. Just play as fast as possible?
D. Make unusual bids at times to get a square?
E. Just hope and prey that this opponent doesn't BINGO in less than five minutes?

I do tend to only open stronger hands, unless good partscore squares are available. I do like to go for alternate lines, which seems like good strategy for getting BINGOs in less than ten minutes, but bad strategy for getting BINGOs in less than five minutes, since you can't play as many hands.

But, what is the best strategy to aim for, in BINGO, to try to get a BINGO in four minutes or less, even it such strategies might backfire if it fails. I'm not worried about taking ten minutes to BINGO instead of fifteen. BUT, I'm worried about taking four minutes to BINGO instead of six. It seems like whatever strategy I'm using to try to BINGO in less than five minutes is failing, and what I do need to do to consistently accomplish this?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   zhoraster 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-May-16, 13:44

Answer is a bit too late :)

Anyway, some observations after my first 4-game Bingo (took me about a minute).

• first game http://tinyurl.com/yame5pxn . In normal game, I could upgrade to 2nt. Here, I don't. The thing is that you should let the robot declare as often as possible. But when you open nt, this is almost impossible: Stayman, transfers etc. So with nt hand try to open something else. This worked here well: the robot jumped to 4 after my 2nt rebid.
  • second game http://tinyurl.com/y737wxf3 . It might be that 3nt has better chances. But not this time. Currently I have only one Bingo line to play so let's play it: 4. Fortunately, no thinking involved, even a bad trump break cannot sink the contract. Just don't forget to set the singleton autoplay in options.
  • third game http://tinyurl.com/y93oohk2 . It would be nice to be able to set the system for Bingo. A very convenient system would be SEF or Forum-D, where you have two strong openings: 2 and 2. Why is it handy? The thing is that the robot tends to raise my preempts, and I rarely want this. With strong 2 opening, I could have passed the usual 2 response. Unfortunately, this is not available, so what are other options? Well, you can bet on your partner to have spades, open 1nt and hope to pass the 2 transfer bid. What is also important is that in all these cases robot is the declarer, so the play would be fast (I would like to see my partner's face in real life after myself passing his transfer bid :lol: ). Anyway, here I was already ahead of my peers, so just a cold 2 bid: sometimes, we'll end in 4, and I'll have an extra redeal. The play is also interesting: note the unnecessary but very crucial play of the J in the third trick. Without that, West could have continued clubs for -1 (he has a diamond entry left for the second club ruff). After the jack, the robot thinks my spade losers can be discarded on clubs and continues spades. +1 instead of -1.
  • fourth game http://tinyurl.com/y6vlltmy . Now at last the tactic explained in the previous paragraph works. You see, now I need 2 badly. The hand I've been dealt with A fourth in diamonds is very promising. But to stop in 2d naturally... Also (quite paradoxically) the danger of a 4-card suit is that your partner will often have good support (or the support he considers to be good from my bidding) and will bid 3 over weak 2 or will raise my 2 rebid to the third level. However, the "strong opening" tactic works like a charm: 2 opening, normal 2 waiting, pass. The vulnerable opponents won't interfere over the strong opening (and a very weird bidding overall). Last byt not least, the robot is a declarer, so it is a triple advantage. Of course, sometimes he will have a singleton diamond (I have two redeals for that), but here I was lucky to find KQJx opposite. Easy 9 tricks for the robot and a fast 4-deal Bingo.

General advice:
  • Open nt as rare as possible (I've already said this, but this is extremely important). You'll always declare when you open nt.
  • Try to keep the opponents out of the bidding. You have no time to defend well, and their successful scores will reduce your redeal potential
  • In competitive biddings prefer takeout doubles/cuebids etc to overcalls to make robot declare as often as possible
  • While robot declares (preferably in the first game(s)), use your dummy time to study the best Bingo lines
  • Among several alternative contract options, choose those which are on the card. If robot raises your in-Bingo bid to something out-of-Bingo, raise it to the game, hoping for an extra redeal
  • Use redeals only when it is absolutely necessary (usually when you're BING along with several peers).

Of course, I was very lucky today. But they say luck rewards the brave :)

Good luck Bingoing!

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users