BBO Discussion Forums: Launch Window only displays 1/4 of client - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Launch Window only displays 1/4 of client

#1 User is offline   R4ndomDan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-August-12, 13:23

When I go to http://zone.msn.com/...efault.htm?dr=t and click 'play now', and it launches the new client window. It gives the option to continue to BBO, or go to MSN games; everything is normal to this point. When clicking the BBO option a video advertisement attempts to load, and it just skips this and goes straight to the login screen. This is when only the top quarter of the page starts displaying, and the rest is just blank white. It shows just enough that I'm able to login, but upon logging in it's the same issue: it only shows the top quarter of the screen. You can't scroll down, and minimizing/maximizing doesn't fix it either.

So far I've tried clearing my browsing history, and that didn't fix anything. Any other suggestions?

#2 User is offline   frisbee 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-August-12, 13:45

I do not play on MSN, but, if I follow your clicks, I do not make it as far as the login screen. The initial screen does warn that MSN might not be compatible with all browsers. I use Firefox (discarded IE a decade ago), but with a number of security features that might be blocking content on the pop-up window (which I absolutely refuse to use). Very easy for me to ignore this problem, so good luck in finding a solution.

#3 User is offline   R4ndomDan 

• Pip

Posted 2015-August-12, 16:51

I use google chrome if that's any assistance. Haven't tried any other browsers, but it has worked in the past when using chrome.

#4 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-August-12, 17:02

View PostR4ndomDan, on 2015-August-12, 13:23, said:

When I go to http://zone.msn.com/...efault.htm?dr=t and click 'play now', and it launches the new client window. It gives the option to continue to BBO, or go to MSN games; everything is normal to this point. When clicking the BBO option a video advertisement attempts to load, and it just skips this and goes straight to the login screen. This is when only the top quarter of the page starts displaying, and the rest is just blank white. It shows just enough that I'm able to login, but upon logging in it's the same issue: it only shows the top quarter of the screen. You can't scroll down, and minimizing/maximizing doesn't fix it either.

So far I've tried clearing my browsing history, and that didn't fix anything. Any other suggestions?

I will whisper this in your ear, don't let any BBO or MSN people know about this suggestion :rolleyes:
[whisper] Use www.bridgebase.com to launch BBO and use MSN for other MSN games. You will still be able to use the same user name and password that you have been using through MSN, but will not have to put up with the "extras" that MSN tacks on (which mainly seem to serve to reduce the useable screen space). [/whisper]
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#5 User is offline   R4ndomDan 

• Pip

Posted 2015-August-12, 17:07

Thanks!!!! That did the trick.

Shockingly, after scouring the MSN help boards, and even sending them a help email (over a week ago) I got no response.

#6 User is offline   boris3161 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-August-13, 05:38

I've had this problem for some time with both Firefox and Chrome. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked. The only way I've found of getting around it is to use IE. Sorry!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users