• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-August-10, 18:08

IMPS

VUL versus NV

RHO opens 1N (14-16)

You hold:

"A AJTxxx AKxxxx void

What do you bid? What is your overall plan? Does the state of the match enter into your thinking?

When you figure out your response, what would you do if RHO opened a STD AMER 1D? Please do not let this cloud your judgment for PART A.

This time, what is your overall plan? If you choose 1H (??), it will proceed PASS---1S (NF) by partner---PASS by RHO…….up to you now. Again, please be very specific."

If it matters assume you play meckwell or DONT over nt.

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2015-August-10, 18:35

I abstain. Last time I had a 6-6 hand like this I opened my higher suit (diamonds) opps competed in spades, we established a diamond fit, opp jumped to game in spades, and I jumped to six clubs. Partner passed with four diamonds to the A10 and a void in clubs. As she put down the dummy she wailed "I didn't know what to do!" IIRC, six clubs was down two; seven diamonds was cold. Oh, well.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-August-10, 18:51

(1) I bid 2 (one major), hoping that partner will think to bid 2 rather than 2 in the unlikely case he has more hearts than spades, which I would raise to 4 - unfortunately partner is likely to bid 2 which I must pass.

(2) I have very high standards for double-and-bid which this hand does not quite meet, thus 1. After partner responds 1, no call truly appeals, so I will choose 2 as the least of all evils.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#4 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-August-10, 20:32

I want to show a forcing 2-suiter over 1NT. If I can't do this, I'll show a 1-suiter in hearts (assuming I have a forcing way to do that) and then jump in diamonds. If I can't do any of this, I'll bid 4H and see if I get to bid again.

Game is good opposite xx xx or better in the red suits, so I'm never playing in a partscore.

Over 1D, I try 1H and then 3H.

#5 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2015-August-11, 04:57

I don't think there is a way to show this hand in DONT or Meckwell. Maybe in Meckwell, 2NT followed by 3 shows this, or you could try 2 and if it isn't passed out, bid 3 next time.

Somewhat depending on partner's nerves I might just go with an agricultiural 4, though.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users