BBO Discussion Forums: disconnect time for bbo instant tourney - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

disconnect time for bbo instant tourney how much idle time is allowed before you are kicked out?

#1 User is offline   chun2013 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2012-December-30

Posted 2015-August-09, 01:43

One advantage of instant tourney is that you can take as much time as you want. This is very useful when I am not sure if I have a block time available for bridge or when I know for sure I will be interrupted, e.g. when I am watching kids.

But bbo does not tell us how much idle time is allowed.

My experience is around 30 minutes. What are your estimate? Can any one provide an accurate number?
0

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,951
  • Joined: 2009-July-26
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:bucharest / romania

Posted 2015-August-09, 02:33

View Postchun2013, on 2015-August-09, 01:43, said:

One advantage of instant tourney is that you can take as much time as you want. This is very useful when I am not sure if I have a block time available for bridge or when I know for sure I will be interrupted, e.g. when I am watching kids.

But bbo does not tell us how much idle time is allowed.

My experience is around 30 minutes. What are your estimate? Can any one provide an accurate number?


30 minutes is right. If you need more time, you can log off, and then log back on to be able to resume the tournament without losing the entry fee.


If there is no bid or play for the first two minutes, the game is canceled and refunded. This is to protect players in situations when the game doesn't start for various technical reasons (for instance some relevant server is unavailable).
If the player is disconnected and there is no bid or play for 90 minutes, the game is canceled but not refunded.
If the player is present and there is no bid or play for 30 minutes, the game is canceled but not refunded

#3 User is offline   chun2013 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2012-December-30

Posted 2015-August-09, 10:30

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-August-09, 02:33, said:

30 minutes is right. If you need more time, you can log off, and then log back on to be able to resume the tournament without losing the entry fee.


If there is no bid or play for the first two minutes, the game is canceled and refunded. This is to protect players in situations when the game doesn't start for various technical reasons (for instance some relevant server is unavailable).
If the player is disconnected and there is no bid or play for 90 minutes, the game is canceled but not refunded.
If the player is present and there is no bid or play for 30 minutes, the game is canceled but not refunded


Thanks! Really helpful.

Logging off to get 90 min. extra time is a great trick. Will try it out.
0

#4 User is offline   Springton 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 2016-February-05

Posted 2016-February-05, 08:53

View Postchun2013, on 2015-August-09, 01:43, said:

One advantage of instant tourney is that you can take as much time as you want. This is very useful when I am not sure if I have a block time available for bridge or when I know for sure I will be interrupted, e.g. when I am watching kids.

But bbo does not tell us how much idle time is allowed.

My experience is around 30 minutes. What are your estimate? Can any one provide an accurate number?


Good question but my problem is the reverse. Yesterday, as a new BBO player, my Robot tournament for IMP STOPPED, three games short of the 12 I registered for and in the middle of play. It just stopped, with no warning, no message, and no link to try. The "help" didnt respond. What does one do when paying for games that time out. I did not take any time out at all. Just sat there and waited for about 10 minutes, when the next card was played as if we never stopped! How often does this happen and what to do?
0

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,951
  • Joined: 2009-July-26
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:bucharest / romania

Posted 2016-February-05, 15:24

View PostSprington, on 2016-February-05, 08:53, said:

Good question but my problem is the reverse. Yesterday, as a new BBO player, my Robot tournament for IMP STOPPED, three games short of the 12 I registered for and in the middle of play. It just stopped, with no warning, no message, and no link to try. The "help" didnt respond. What does one do when paying for games that time out. I did not take any time out at all. Just sat there and waited for about 10 minutes, when the next card was played as if we never stopped! How often does this happen and what to do?


This sounds like a network problem on your side. You can see if it's you or the bots who are stuck by typing something to the table. If chat goes through, robots are stuck. If nothing shows up, you're having connection problems.

Either way, it helps to log off BBO and then log back in. You'll be taken back to your tourney and you'll be able to continue playing.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 16,570
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2016-February-06, 13:56

You should also check the connection quality indicator at the top right corner of the window.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users