• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

double judgement

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-August-08, 04:55

MP, Instant, 34

The interesting point of this hand is that now that we are playing on a level playing field I believe that the other tables were also on version 34 and would mirror our table for the same conditions.

Indeed there were other tables that mirrored this auction and result.

But what I found interesting is that some of the human Souths chose to open 1C rather than 1D. The auction was then identical except that at his final turn North passed out 4S where my North doubled.

Personally, as North I would be more inclined to double 4S if South opened 1C than had he opened 1D.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-August-08, 10:06

I agree with your analysis... but I'd expect GIB to be using simulations, not judgment, so I wonder how that went.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2015-August-08, 13:21

Gib has to be counting it's singleton for it values to double. how silly. or simming
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-August-08, 14:10

View Poststeve2005, on 2015-August-08, 13:21, said:

Gib has to be counting it's singleton for it values to double.
I doubt it. If that were the explanation for its action it would do the same opposite 1C opener.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users