BBO Discussion Forums: 11 table Web Mitchell EW rover - bumping pattern? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 table Web Mitchell EW rover - bumping pattern?

#1 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2015-July-29, 07:11

As you are starting a 9x3 (players play all 27 boards in play) 11-table Web movement (W1109 in ACBLscore or similar in other parts of the world), another pair shows up and you want them to be a roving pair bumping East-West pairs.

During Rounds 2 through 9, which pairs should be bumped and when? And will other E/W pairs need an irregular movement similar to what occurs with 9 1/2 tables for E/W pairs 6 and 9?

I searched for this answer on the internet, including Tim Hill's WEB1109 and I also saw information if TWO extra pairs show up "party table", but could not find the rover bumping pattern for a single extra pair.

#2 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2015-July-29, 08:04

Sorry - found the answer to my own question. Only the rover (12 EW) needs a guide card for 9x3 11 1/2 table Web Mitchell:

R1 EW 12 Sits Out
R2 vs. 2, 1 bumped, Bds. 7-9
R3 vs. 4, 2 bumped, Bds. 16-18
R4 vs. 6, 3 bumped, Bds. 25-27
R5 vs. 11, 7 bumped, Bds. 13-15
R6 vs. 5, 11 bumped, Bds. 1-3
R7 vs. 10, 4 bumped, Bds. 19-21
R8 vs. 1, 5 bumped, Bds. 22-24
R9 vs. 3, 6 bumped, Bds. 4-6

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-29, 08:14

Interesting that you use an E/W rover. Around here rovers are usually N/S. Are you alternating which lines have a sitout?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#4 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-30, 20:03

View PostVampyr, on 2015-July-29, 08:14, said:

Interesting that you use an E/W rover. Around here rovers are usually N/S. Are you alternating which lines have a sitout?

With the (supposed) invalids that "need" sit stationary, where, oh where, would these "stationary" pairs go if they were bumped by the rover? Could they vacate their seat quickly enough to not significantly slowing down the game?

I would love to make North-South play the fewer boards every time there is a half-table. If it was practical.

In practice, the rovers almost always bump the East-West pairs, and when there is a phantom pair, then the North-South pairs get the sit-out.

The need for North-South pairs is so bad, I don't remember the last time having two tables sharing with the phantom being logically chosen as the N/S pair at a sharing table.

#5 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-30, 21:53

If there are only (say) 2 truly invalid tables, you can make them the table numbers which don't get bumped. If that is not possible, you can create a rover table, where the E/W pair will go and play the n/s bumper pair, instead of to the invalid table -- and the TD just brings the boards and Bridgemate to that table for that round.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users