• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-25, 23:09

IMP, weak opponents, playing udca.

T1= 4,K,T,2
T2=J,A,8,6
T3=6,2,J,A
T4/5= A and another diamond ruffed in hand. E playing 2 and T, W playing 6 and 5
T6=K and discarding a from dummy, W playing 3 and E 2.
T7=T,5,T,4 !!!!!!!!!!

Defense erred at T7. Take it from here. It is very easy but cute ending.

Spoiler

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2015-July-26, 11:37

IMP
weak opponents, playing udca.

Press next.

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-28, 00:06

Thanks Nige1 Posted Image

But I am curious, which part of my line was unusual? I am assuming the part that I did not ruff T. I simply played loser on loser, to insure W will never hold the hand and play A and another spade. T holding the trick was totally unexpected though as you mentioned.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   WellSpyder 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-28, 03:23

View PostMrAce, on 2015-July-28, 00:06, said:

which part of my line was unusual?

It is probably unusual to find two loser-on-loser plays in the same hand, one a loser from dummy discarded on a loser from hand and the other a loser from hand discarded on a loser from dummy. It wasn't your fault that the first loser-on-loser play turned out to be a loser-on-winner play!

#5 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2015-July-28, 06:42

View PostMrAce, on 2015-July-28, 00:06, said:

But I am curious, which part of my line was unusual? I am assuming the part that I did not ruff T. I simply played loser on loser, to insure W will never hold the hand and play A and another spade. T holding the trick was totally unexpected though as you mentioned.

View PostWellSpyder, on 2015-July-28, 03:23, said:

It is probably unusual to find two loser-on-loser plays in the same hand, one a loser from dummy discarded on a loser from hand and the other a loser from hand discarded on a loser from dummy. It wasn't your fault that the first loser-on-loser play turned out to be a loser-on-winner play!
I agree with WellSpyder. An end-play on a defender, to subject his partner to a coup en passant is unusual (related to a smother play, which is rare too). Few would be sufficiently aware to take advantage of the opportunity,

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users