BBO Discussion Forums: ACBL total masterpoints awarded question - club game - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACBL total masterpoints awarded question - club game

#1 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2015-July-25, 06:47

This past week I directed two ACBL North American Pair (NAP) club qualifiers (stratified open/2500/500) with the following game movements:

1. 11-table, Hesitation Mitchell, 12 rounds, 2 boards per round, last round arrow switch, one winner movement (scores like an "11 table Howell")
2. 11 1/2 table Hesitation Mitchell, 13 rounds, 2 boards per round, last two rounds arrow switched, one winner movement (scores like an "11 1/2 table Howell")

Which movement I used doesn't matter much other than it was a one winner movement (similar to a Howell). [Also, these two games above were concurrent with a 5-table 299er game, but my questions below assume a single section and single session.)

Our club always before used a 9x3 Mitchell, but I ran the Hesitation Mitchell for a fairer game with less boards in play and much less opponents missed.

I was curious about the total masterpoints awarded for the straightforward 11-table 9x3 Mitchell and the 11-table, 12x2 Hesitation Mitchell one winner movement. I'm concerned the Hesitation Mitchell may be robbing masterpoints from the players.

Q1 - are total masterpoints awarded for a REGULAR ACBL 11-table club game with standard Mitchell movement more or less than the same game as a one winner movement (with Hesitation Mitchell or Scrambled Mitchell, or any other one winner movement)?

Q2 - same as Q1 but for a special club game with overall awards for the one session (NAP, club championship, charity pairs, etc)

Q3 - for what ranges of game (table) sizes are the one winner games awarding a larger total number of masterpoints (in both regular and special overall award games?)

(Since I received some complaints about the "new fangled" Hesitation Mitchell, it would be great if the total masterpoints awarded were at least equal to a standard Mitchell.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users