• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More balancing NT

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-25, 01:01

MP, Instant, 34

Not a major issue this. Indeed assuming, as I hope that the developers have as a high priority (given the volume of criticism) the treatment of balanced hands in balancing seat, this hand may disappear in the solution.

I am not proud of my own bidding on the hand, and I don't think that North's bidding is outrageously bad. It is a high risk, but at MP there are rewards.

My only point really is that if North wants to try for +120 with 2NT, in favour of a lesser penalty, it should not be described as invitational to 3NT. Had he any aspirations to invite to 3NT he would not have passed 1NT.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-25, 06:15

Why does North make a bid that he specifically describes as "4 HCP" when he actually holds AK?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users