BBO Discussion Forums: slow play penalties - director time at table - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

slow play penalties - director time at table

#1 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-22, 20:30

i can't find anything on this in the ebl conditions of contest for any events so perhaps someone can fill me in....

assuming a match is played in reasonable tempo but goes over time because of (genuine) director calls to the table and the resulting need to clarify facts, record players' thought processes, etc, is it normal to fine the players involved? i'm thinking EBL/WBF events.

#2 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-23, 00:00

View Postwank, on 2015-July-22, 20:30, said:

i can't find anything on this in the ebl conditions of contest for any events so perhaps someone can fill me in....

assuming a match is played in reasonable tempo but goes over time because of (genuine) director calls to the table and the resulting need to clarify facts, record players' thought processes, etc, is it normal to fine the players involved? i'm thinking EBL/WBF events.

We were advised at the TD meeting before the Youth Championships here in Tromso that we can give extra time for TD calls that take up an unusual amount of time, but that time for run of the mill director calls is included in the normal time allowance.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#3 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-23, 00:15

ok thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users