BBO Discussion Forums: International Bridge Club - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

International Bridge Club

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-July-20, 15:39

When you want to play you select "List All Tables" choising such as "Main Bridge Club" or "Relaxed Bridge Club" or other in the list. The idea that can have success, be interesting under many points of view, is to insert on this list i.e. "International Bridge Club" where are presented to be bidded and played hands from great meetings/tourneys where world players (Reese, Albarran, Culbertson, Garozzo, Romanet, Jacoby and so on) have played real hands. This hand should constitue the "par" (as in Golf for each hole there is a par to strike) and whom plays can to have a refer at the end of bidding and play to see the inevitable difference (if there is). Necessarly the hand must be briefly presented (i.e. Oslo 1958 Sharple-Sharple* vs Trezel-Jais in Open room 6 by E*; Bacherich*-Ghestem vs Shapiro-Reese in Closed room 4 by W* ( The * indicates position of player ). Can be interesting only to see the hand and its play too (for improving).

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-July-20, 15:51

View PostLovera, on 2015-July-20, 15:39, said:

When you want to play you select "List All Tables" choising such as "Main Bridge Club" or "Relaxed Bridge Club" or other in the list. The idea that can have success, be interesting under many points of view, is to insert on this list i.e. "International Bridge Club" where are presented to be bidded and played hands from great meetings/tourneys where world players (Reese, Albarran, Culbertson, Garozzo, Romanet, Jacoby and so on) have played real hands. This hand should constitue the "par" (as in Golf for each hole there is a par to strike) and whom plays can to have a refer at the end of bidding and play to see the inevitable difference (if there is). Necessarly the hand must be briefly presented (i.e. Oslo 1958 Sharple-Sharple* vs Trezel-Jais in Open room 6 by E*; Bacherich*-Ghestem vs Shapiro-Reese in Closed room 4 by W* ( The * indicates position of player ). Can be interesting only to see the hand and its play too (for improving).

Most of the hands that got saved consist of idiotic contracts brought home by insanely talented card play

Not sure why one would chose these to define "par"
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-20, 16:01

View Posthrothgar, on 2015-July-20, 15:51, said:

Most of the hands that got saved consist of idiotic contracts brought home by insanely talented card play

Not sure why one would chose these to define "par"

To see (and anytime could be possible) that one player bids a better or more sure contract or play better (it is more difficult).

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-July-21, 09:29

If you want to play hands that were played by experts, and compare against their results, you can start a Vugraph Deals table.

http://www.bridgebas...game_table.html

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-21, 09:59

View Postbarmar, on 2015-July-21, 09:29, said:

If you want to play hands that were played by experts, and compare against their results, you can start a Vugraph Deals table.

http://www.bridgebas...game_table.html

No, it is not what i have requested. For instance i was talking about application BB BridgeBase and under "Start a table" Vugraph is not (there is a competitive or relaxed table). But i was talking to present hands already played by world class players in the same way that is done for Main or Relaxed club but that are significative for "anything" and that can became also instructive and usefull to see again. In that manner it can be a good thing to find (or not) difference on bidding or style of it. I think it should like, thanks.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2015-July-21, 10:14

Use the web version and you'll see the Vugraph Deals option.

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-21, 10:47

View Postbarmar, on 2015-July-21, 10:14, said:

Use the web version and you'll see the Vugraph Deals option.

It is not about recent hands but the "classic/old" hands. It'd make the same thing as in i.e. Relaxed club hands :those that are presented at four players at table it'd be "random" or casual in a normal type of play. Instead it must select (or prepare as choising) hands significative and initially (for "breaking the ice") that not had a difficult on play. Such as: the suggest hand of Oslo 1958 presents a "cut" on bidding (a psyche at first round by English and French) and is not hard to play. It'd be interesting to see how anyone play and gets at the same contract or if can be better, bye.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2015-July-21, 13:02

I don't know what you're talking about, I never said anything about recent hands. But I always have trouble understanding you.

When you play Vugraph Hands, you're playing hands that were played by experts in big events that were shown on Vugraph. Your score is then compared with theirs, and you can compare how you bid and played it with how they did.

#9 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-21, 14:34

Hi barmar. Let us to explain. I write in English but maybe sometime anything may not be clear. If one enter in Main or Relaxed club and seat how 4th player at table starts bidding and freely gets to the end doesn't knowing the final resulting and playing a casual hand (in a partscore or game or slam or simply how defender). Here, in this new club, at beginning is the same :the difference is that the player and the other three ones know that are playing an hand, selected by BBO group from a database, becoming at an important tourney (i.e. Oslo, Sept. 1958) bidding by bidding as If were theirs to play at.This two hands (open and closed room) are the par or reffering for players about bidding or play (with inevitable differences) for seeing to get at the same result at the end of bidding. Than is required a preventive selection by BBO group for this aim and in this way we don't have banal hands but surely hands with "anything" of particolar regarding bidding or type of play or also both ones. This should be interesting and also instructive and than improving play and players. I hope to have cleared my thinking, bye.

#10 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-22, 07:59

Let's look what could be happen when you enter in this new club and sitting at table (i.e. in N position) eventually waiting for another player : when cards are on before bidding, BBO tell you that this hand has been presented during the meeting of European Championship between England and French team, and if you are in: N bidded by Trezel (open room)-Shapiro (closed room); E bidded by Sharple (brother)-Ghestem; S bidded by Jais-Reese ; W bidded by Sharple-Bacherich. You don't know final resulting and try "maxima pars" to obtein the same realization. When all bidding and play are done, at that time you can see the hand bidded and played in Oslo by two teams cliking "Other Tables" and in 1) you have situation of open room in 2) situation of closed room.

#11 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-22, 08:38

The hand to be bidded are:N Q4 QJ1042 1094 742, E K108 K A72 KQ8653, S 763 A8653 865 109, W AJ952 97 KQJ3 AJ. Open room : W(Sharple)- N(Trezel) p E(Sharple) 1 S(Jais) 1 !, X - p - p - 1NT !, 2NT ! - p - 3 - p, 3 - p - 4 - p, 6 - p - 6 - all p. Comments: Trezel leads Q of heart to A of Jais, then Sharple impasse Q for one down. Closed room : W(Bacherich) - N(Shapiro) p E(Ghestem) 1 S(Reese) 1 !, X - p - p - 2, 3 - p - 3 - p, 4 all p.Comments: Ghestem-Bacherich decide don't try slam, Ghestem guess Q of spade and realize 12 tricks. At two tables "psyche" seems has changed anything (From XXVI - THE KNIFE UNDER THE TABLE in "Bridge a la une" by Jose Le Dentu).

#12 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-22, 14:06

View PostLovera, on 2015-July-20, 15:39, said:

FWIW, I understood this.

#13 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-23, 09:52

This new "type" to play has a good valence on the side of "learning" togheter with the "history" of bridge hands and i have presented, to give an example, an hand "for all seasons" (to consider for beginning) but there are many others more difficult or with a major difficult or choising of alternative in bidding or play (i.e. World Championship in Napoli on 1951). The simple fact to have an hand of these ones bidded by a world player has a "psycologic"effect that must be considered and, fourthemore, it is a form of "condivision" that makes to prove a different sensation respect an usual hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users