• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Extra values

#41 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-22, 05:02

Whatever I do first (x, 1NT or 2), I have to pass now. Opps are nonvul so if we set them by one trick it probably doesn't make a huge difference if it is doubled or not. If I double and p pulls it I expect to go down in 4. I think our best chance is to defend undoubled and hope that opps already are beyond LOTT safety or that they missed game, or that we get some field protection from peers who go for -200 after a 1NT overcall maybe. Otherwise we just have to try to defend better than our peers.

I can pass in tempo and once in a blue moon p can double 3, in which case I am very happy to sit for it.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#42 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-22, 05:27

The frightening thing is that anyone would believe that, having overcalled at red, we have extra values.

#43 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-22, 12:29

Though opinion was divided between x and 1nt all the good players are unanimous that 2c is pretty gross and not just a matter of style.

I don't mean this to be harsh but based on some of your posts you seem to be in denial on a lot of your bidding related posts. You're evidently keen and i don't know who you are so i've no reason to doubt you're successful in your area, but maybe this could be a wake up call that your bidding knowledge isn't as good as you think. Perhaps it's even holding you back from greater success if the other parts of your game are good enough for you to win regional events as you previously said.

By the way what i said about english people is based on my own experience playing abroad. Maybe it's because weak and 4 and many of the non-forcing auction developments (acol) is so bad that once people move beyond that in uk bridge they are at a big advantage and think they have bidding licked, no matter how poorly they're playing whatever they moved to instead.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users