Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maximize window behavior problem

#1 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-July-07, 23:37

Using either Chrome or Firefox on a 64bit Win7 machine, I am getting strange behaviour for the maximize button. Depending on the window size before maximize attempt, I end up with some white space at the bottom of the resized window. If I then return to non-maximized mode, the size will be different than before. This has been going on for at least a week (prolly longer - my memory seems to max out at about 35 seconds ago now). I tried Firefox on 64bit Linux and it behaved properly.
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#2 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-July-08, 01:21

I've had the same problem using Chrome on Win8.1 for as long as I can remember, ie at least months. I have to log off and close the offending window, and start again with a new one.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-08, 06:06

Since an update a few months ago I have a related observation. When I maximize, the bottom of the window falls behind the taskbar, obscuring a small area including chat entry. I can remedy by dragging the window to one side until it snaps in, then stretching it to the other side. This fix is easy enough that I don't consider it a problem, but it is odd. Windows 7, Chrome 43.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-July-08, 12:44

The issue with the taskbar was discussed a couple of months ago here.

But it sounds like this thread is about a different issue. You're talking about the layout inside the browser window, not the relationship between the browser and the rest of the screen?

#5 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-08, 13:31

This is a screenshot of the problem - https://goo.gl/photo...mpGDePJuiPK2jz7

The BBO window is actually maximised but there is white space below what appears to be the bottom of the BBO window, but is actually part of it.

Using Chrome, I start the BBO client in a maximised window. If I 'Restore Down' and then maximise, I get this behaviour.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#6 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-08, 14:04

View Postbarmar, on 2015-July-08, 12:44, said:

The issue with the taskbar was discussed a couple of months ago here.

But it sounds like this thread is about a different issue. You're talking about the layout inside the browser window, not the relationship between the browser and the rest of the screen?

This seems to be different. I did experience the earlier issue and that seemed to get corrected.
Some observations:
First I tried the lock/unlock toolbar that seemed to clear the issue before, and it seemed to not correct things but to make them a little different.
Adjust the normal size window to leave about 1" of space above toolbar and then maximize - result is about 1" of white at the bottom of browser window which is otherwise correctly sized (i.e. the BBO display inside is wrong sized in a correctly sized window. Return to nomal size - browser window returns to original size, but BBO display inside it seems to increase to the point that all the chat display is hidden below the window edge (perhaps this is app display size of the maximized window, but cannot really be sure).

A bit more playing around - and it seems clear that something is out of sync:
adjusted normal browser window size to about half screen height. Maximize - browser window does maximize, BBO app display stays at same size (huge white bar at bottom). Normalize - browser window returns to a different size (about the size from before that resize to half screen height) and app display enlarges to too large for window.
Note that after a normalize operation when the display is improperly sized for the display window that any vertical manual resize of the window seems to restore the app size to matching the browser window - but, of course that is not an option on the maximized window.

All the above was done with Chrome. When I tried those experiments with Firefox, everything seemed to operate just fine (contradicting the results yesterday when Firefox also seemed to be affected).
Chrome does appear to be slightly behind as far as flash version (but we have no option but to wait for them to initiate the upgrade) while Firefox is up to date.

#7 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-08, 14:47

Further checking:
Linux (Kubuntu 15.04 64 bit) Google Chrome - same problems as Windows
Linux (Kubuntu 15.04 6 4 bit) Chromium - same problems as Windows (we would expect Chrome and Chromium to behave virually indentical)..

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users