BBO Discussion Forums: Looking for partner - BBO/St Louis - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for partner - BBO/St Louis 2/1 or SAYC - Gadgets

#1 User is offline   spkcp111 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-July-04, 07:13

I'm outside of St. Louis. I'm w/i a few points of SLM. Qualified NAP's twice. Mensa/Intertel. I live quite a ways from the nearest club. I'd drive in for a good partner (1000+ MP's) OR BBO partner is fine too. Was in Bridge lessons for 6-7 years so play many gadgets. We'd have to talk to sync them up. That said--playing a good solid, logical game of bridge is better than all the gadgets!

I program computers during the day (aka, complex problems) so I'm pretty beat when I get home. It'd have to be weekends--unless you're OK with a partner who is a little tired. I'd also like someone I could meet at the Nationals once a year (or two).

I don't believe in yelling at my partner. If something goes wrong, I'm all for discussing it. No one ever played better when their partner was dressing them down. People need to be allowed to have a bad day/blow a hand once in a while. It happens.

We could start once a week and see how it goes, discussing mishaps. If it's not a good fit--let's feel free to tell each other! You don't marry the first person you date :)

#2 User is offline   100_honors 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Corvettes

Posted 2015-July-09, 12:32

Hi. If you wish, give ,e an invite. 100_honors

View Postspkcp111, on 2015-July-04, 07:13, said:

I'm outside of St. Louis. I'm w/i a few points of SLM. Qualified NAP's twice. Mensa/Intertel. I live quite a ways from the nearest club. I'd drive in for a good partner (1000+ MP's) OR BBO partner is fine too. Was in Bridge lessons for 6-7 years so play many gadgets. We'd have to talk to sync them up. That said--playing a good solid, logical game of bridge is better than all the gadgets!

I program computers during the day (aka, complex problems) so I'm pretty beat when I get home. It'd have to be weekends--unless you're OK with a partner who is a little tired. I'd also like someone I could meet at the Nationals once a year (or two).

I don't believe in yelling at my partner. If something goes wrong, I'm all for discussing it. No one ever played better when their partner was dressing them down. People need to be allowed to have a bad day/blow a hand once in a while. It happens.

We could start once a week and see how it goes, discussing mishaps. If it's not a good fit--let's feel free to tell each other! You don't marry the first person you date :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users