Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anti-Semitism Awareness Act

#1 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-09, 11:41

With all due respect to Kaitlyn, the importance of that abortion bill in Ohio pales in comparison to the utterly horrendous, totalitarian, Orwellian, un-American & typically misnamed "Anti-Semitism Awareness Act." I haven't been this disgusted by my government since they passed the so-called Patriot Act (with brave then-Senator Feingold being the sole dissent.)

"S. 10, introduced by Sens. Tim Scott (R-SC) and Robert Casey Jr. (D-Pa.), codifies a controversial State Department definition of anti-Semitism that includes one-sided criticism of Israel and opposition to Zionism."

"The examples cited by the State Department include “drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis,”

They're coming for you, hrothgar. :P

View Posthrothgar, on 2016-December-06, 07:58, said:

Comment 2: I see very little difference between the far right of the Likuid [sic] and the Nazi's other than their choice of targets and the constraints that the international community imposes.

"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

#2 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-09, 14:20

This area is a minefield.

Anti-Zionism is NOT anti-Semitism, and is entirely reasonable.

The problem is that measures taken (and speeches made) in the name of Anti-Zionism often bleed over into anti-Semitism.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users