• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hearthstone

#361 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-June-16, 06:51

View Postphoenix214, on 2016-June-16, 04:47, said:

For anyone trying to play Tavern Brawl - priest is the bomb. So many good cards to use - Mindgames, thoughsteal, Lightbomb, Convert??
And the games are quite fast

So far 100% of players who dropped Alextrazsa at turn 1 have won, me or opponent.

Priest is very good for this, the bigger of the two power words, entomb as well, being able to faceless opp's big critter, convert it then blow it up with the PW is cool.

#362 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-16, 21:18

I really dislike this brawl, as I do all brawls with a strong OTK potential. Played a freeze mage variant, drew T1 Alex, see you next week.

#363 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2016-June-17, 17:29

I forgot about alex at that point in time - I think it is a cool brawl still - just make it so that Alex does not exist in it :P

#364 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-June-21, 03:41

Opened Cairne today... only 5600 dust to go before I can play N'Zoth Paladin!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#365 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-21, 11:30

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-June-21, 03:41, said:

Opened Cairne today... only 5600 dust to go before I can play N'Zoth Paladin!

IMO rogue is the best nzoth variant at the moment, but none is particularly strong. Dislike the unreliability of nzoth paladin in even its 'good' matchups. Cairne is pretty nice anyway in a warrior meta though.

#366 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-21, 21:31

Tossing N'Zoth into CW seems to work fine. I played the version with Chillmaw and now gravitated to a less greedy version that settles for bringing back Sylvannas and Cairne (which is btw also great against zoo and Shaman)

#367 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-30, 16:39

Welp, I've been having a lot of fun with standard, but there where some things I've always wanted to do but couldn't. So I've crafted myself a pair of Deathlords and am now terrorizing rank 25 wild players with my Mill Rogue deck. Here we go! ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#368 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-01, 02:45

Wasting your scarce powder with common cards? I though deathlords came form naxxramas adventure.

#369 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-01, 07:45

View PostFluffy, on 2016-July-01, 02:45, said:

Wasting your scarce powder with common cards? I though deathlords came form naxxramas adventure.

Yes, exactly. Crafting is the only way to get them. (And they are rare, BTW, 100 dust each.)

Turns out Mill Rogue is pretty frustrating to play, though. Had a freeze mage dead to rights after I responded to his Alexstraza with Brann + Healbot, but it turns out in Wild they still run Antonidas and both of my Coldlights were in the bottom 7 cards of my deck...

The dust is not wasted though, wild Control Priest is up next!
    -- Bertrand Russell

#370 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-01, 12:16

Turns out Mill Rogue is pretty frustrating to play-snip- both of my Coldlights were in the bottom 7 cards of my deck...
Yeah, that's exactly the problem with the deck. You have so many ways to recycle the oracles, but no good way to find them, and usually you can't afford to hard-mull for them because there are no more "control only" classes like Warrior used to be.

#371 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-July-07, 02:27

Kel Thuzad effigied into Kel Thuzad, who summoned back the previous, opponent wasn't amused I guess :P

#372 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-07, 02:57

Been having fun with C'Thun rogue in the latest tavern brawl, being guaranteed to draw Twin emp at turn 7, Blade of C'Thun at turn 9 and C'Thun at turn 10 seems to work out rather nicely

#373 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-07, 10:35

Raging Worgen Warrior hasn't been working well lately, so I built a new deck. Try it out, it's fun. ;)

2 Backstab
2 Preparation
2 Shadowstep
1 Leper Gnome
1 Doomsayer
2 Eviscerate
2 Sap
2 Shiv
Bloodmage Thalnos
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Fan of Knives
2 Shadow Strike
Brann Bronzebeard
2 SI:7 Agent
2 Unearthed Raptor
2 Azure Drake
Emperor Thaurissan
1 Sprint

Edit: changed second Sprint into a Doomsayer.

This post has been edited by mgoetze: 2016-July-07, 12:24

-- Bertrand Russell

#374 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-07, 21:52

So your thing is janky otk decks? There's a pretty decent Miracle Druid list that catches a lot of people off-guard. You usually burst for 13 or 19 though, it's rare for you to go full OTK.

2x Innervate, Raven Idol, Wild Growth, Mire Keeper, Swipe, Wrath, Living Roots, Moonfire, Nourish, Jungle Moonkin, Azure Drake
1x Starfall, Auctioneer, Fandral, Malygos, Emperor Thaurissan, Alexstrasza, Yogg Saron, Thalnos

I don't have Fandral so I run Violet Teacher instead. You can mess around a bit if you're missing other legendaries, you could also run mulch in there, I've seen people run rag, that kind of stuff.

You hard-mull for ramp basically, then cycle a lot, combo Moonkin with AoE to avoid taking damage and finally burst them with Malygos. As usual if things go south, Yogg's got your back.

#375 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-08, 03:12

View PostAntrax, on 2016-July-07, 21:52, said:

So your thing is janky otk decks?

Well, I think I like control best actually, but it's either too expensive or, well, Priest-tier. Control Priest is my most-played deck since I started keeping stats about a month ago, dat 48% winrate though...

For your druid list, I'm missing not just Fandral but also Malygos, Alexstraza and Yogg so... yeah. ;)
    -- Bertrand Russell

#376 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-July-08, 03:38

I could craft the 2 I am missing... golden hehe.

#377 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-08, 09:28

I'm pretty sure you can break 50% even playing priest. What's your goal anyway? Are you going for rank 5 every month?

#378 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-08, 12:18

View PostAntrax, on 2016-July-08, 09:28, said:

I'm pretty sure you can break 50% even playing priest. What's your goal anyway? Are you going for rank 5 every month?

I'm going for rank 5 in, uh, any month. In the 5 seasons I've played so far, my highest finish has been rank 6. My tryharding has been mostly with Gromless Patron Warrior and Tempo Mage (not the very fast version that is currently popular, a more grindy one), though I've got some Vek'lorless C'thun Druid and Doomhammerless Shaman mixed in there, too.

For this season I crafted myself a Leeroy to play Zoo (for some reason I hate playing Doomguard Zoo), it's just winstreaked (65% winrate) me to rank 11 which is, I think, a decent place to be this time of the month. Also added it to a Pirate Warrior I threw together around the end of last season and won 56% with, though I'm not sure it's actually better than the Southsea Captain it replaced (and I would replace it with Captain Greenskin in a heartbeat if I opened that).

Nevertheless, I play for fun so gotta mix in those janky decks every now and then. ;)
    -- Bertrand Russell

#379 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-28, 07:00

I don't bug you guys with everything I write, but this got picked up by PCGamer so I'm somewhat proud: http://www.pcgamer.c...in-hearthstone/

Also I'm in love with OTK warrior but am ***** at playing it. Working my ass off and still only 55% WR.

#380 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-31, 01:34

Find the Lethal Special Edition, featuring Mage Secrets!

Your opponent has:

A damaged Archmage Antonidas (5/2) on the board
A secret they got off of Cabalist's Tome
24 Life

You have:

A 3/1 Fiery War Axe equipped
Enough Life + Armor to survive next turn if necessary
No cards left in your deck, and the following cards in hand, all discounted once by Emperor Thaurissan:
Raging Worgen
Inner Rage
Charge
Rampage
Faceless Manipulator
Fiery War Axe
Loot Hoarder

Plan to kill your opponent this turn or next turn for any possible secret. You may assume they have no taunts or heals (Tempo Mage, both Mirror Images have been used).
    -- Bertrand Russell

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users