• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hearthstone

#261 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-28, 01:34

I played more Hearthstone in the last two days than I have the two weeks before. Gone through pirate warrior, Dragon Priest, C'Thun Druid (so dull to play, druid is just a lame class), a couple of Midrange Hunter attempts and several iterations of C'Thun mage.
Today I got Edwin in my brawl pack, and unpacked Deathwing the Dragonlord (meh) and Yogg Soggoth (perfect. I wanted to play this card but it's awful so not worth crafting). So, I think I'll craft the new Rogue legendary and try a bit of miracle Soggoth. Maybe some C'Thun warrior too.

#262 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-April-28, 04:39

View PostAntrax, on 2016-April-28, 01:34, said:

C'Thun Druid (so dull to play, druid is just a lame class)

Before the Old Gods hit I was actually having some fun with Beast Druid. Beast Druid gains one great card (Mark of Y'Shaarj), but unfortunately it also loses an incredible card (Druid of the Fang), so once again it's just on the verge of competitiveness. Still, probably more fun than standard ramp druid.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#263 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-28, 06:05

View PostWesleyC, on 2016-April-27, 10:47, said:

My first impressions regarding WOTOG standard (about 30 games in) is that they've made a mistake with the balancing for C'Thun druid.

Twin Emperor is almost always two 4/6 Taunts for 7 and the Klaxxi Amber-Weaver comes out as 4/10 consistently.

It seems really strong against everything.

Brann, twin emperor for 3 of them, 18/18 C'thun the following turn had to hurt. This was C'thun rogue, things like preparation, brann, thaurissian and shadowstep work really well with it, being able to conceal Brann is great. Being able to gang up Brann is even better..

#264 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-28, 08:37

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-April-28, 06:05, said:

Brann, twin emperor for 3 of them, 18/18 C'thun the following turn had to hurt. This was C'thun rogue, things like preparation, brann, thaurissian and shadowstep work really well with it, being able to conceal Brann is great. Being able to gang up Brann is even better..

Don't forget to Shadowcaster yourself two mini-Branns while you're at it.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#265 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-28, 10:11

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-April-28, 08:37, said:

Don't forget to Shadowcaster yourself two mini-Branns while you're at it.

Only time I had shadowcaster (I only have one) I had 4 twins and 3 more in my deck due to gang up instead as hadn't drawn brann

#266 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-28, 21:50

Don't shadowcast Brann, the effect doesn't stack up.

Arena rewards have really improved. You can now get two packs for as few as four wins, and a 9-3 run last night netted me 265 gold (which used to be 12-win tier).

#267 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-29, 02:11

View PostAntrax, on 2016-April-28, 21:50, said:

Don't shadowcast Brann, the effect doesn't stack up.

Arena rewards have really improved. You can now get two packs for as few as four wins, and a 9-3 run last night netted me 265 gold (which used to be 12-win tier).

Hm, 265 gold for 9 wins, while above average, was already possible previously according to this wiki page:
http://hearthstone.g...na&oldid=223860

So now I wonder whether they actually did change anything other than the chance of getting a second pack.

(As for shadowcasting Brann, I know the effect doesn't stack but the problem is Brann has a tendency to die so having a spare Brann on hand helps later.)
    -- Bertrand Russell

#268 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-29, 04:49

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-April-29, 02:11, said:

(As for shadowcasting Brann, I know the effect doesn't stack but the problem is Brann has a tendency to die so having a spare Brann on hand helps later.)

This and also the 1 mana Brann together with a Thaurissian'd 9 mana C'Thun is evil

#269 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-01, 01:47

I am getting more success than I deserve with a simple warrior deck based on taunt. My best guess is people are still playing around, trying silly things.

#270 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-01, 02:29

That's what makes it so much fun. That being said, my attempts to create a Handlock are failing pathetically.

#271 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-02, 01:52

No longer... I had to switch to decks from internet. Can't create a good one my own ever :(

#272 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-02, 09:10

I am toying with evolve and a deck that spawns loads of totems, it is quite fun, although a lot of RNG, and it is sad to use your hero power just to evolve your minions into some Inspire card, specially when it is Confessor Paletress.

Onbiously you don't normally evolve when you have overload minions, but the thing from below... it usually evolves before staying a single turn :)

#273 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-02, 17:10

I think the 1-mana Evolve spell doesn't fit a normal midrange Shaman deck very well. I was toying with the idea of a battlecry evolve Shaman deck with Rumbling Elemental, Brann Bronzebeard etc. but I couldn't make it quite strong enough. Master of Evolution is a fine addition though, you want to hit specifically stuff like your Tuskarr Totemic, Azure Drake etc. with strong battlecries.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#274 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-02, 22:11

Evolve is looking like a win more card, with master of evolution being the good one. That being said, at some point I'm totally playing Onyxia-evolve.

#275 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-03, 00:13

The deck I Was testing had 2 argent squires and I changed them for totemic fusion and evolve, both are probing useful, but when the fusion is, it is normally not needed to win.

The 5-5 taunt thing is a solid card to evolve, it normally costs 1 or 2 mana to put on the field and you get a 7 mana minion.

#276 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-May-03, 04:35

Another funny Brann combo, turn 7, playing a variant of the premade warlock deck, one critter on the board, Brann, forbidden ritual, coin, reliquary seeker (one mana 9/9 can't be bad).

He plays twin emperor, trades some critters with my taunt and kills some tentacles.

Next turn I played some 1 mana critters to get the count back to 6, the other reliquary seeker and he gave up.

#277 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-03, 06:06

View PostAntrax, on 2016-May-02, 22:11, said:

Evolve is looking like a win more card, with master of evolution being the good one. That being said, at some point I'm totally playing Onyxia-evolve.

The end is coming!
    -- Bertrand Russell

#278 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-03, 15:42

Does anyone have some recombobulator/evolve table? I don't know if I should evolve my drake, my tuskar, my 5/5 taunt.or even my damaged 7/7

#279 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-03, 16:25

In general 4 and 8 mana are the values you're aiming for so always go for the Tuskarr when you have the chance I guess.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#280 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-May-03, 17:32

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-May-03, 16:25, said:

In general 4 and 8 mana are the values you're aiming for so always go for the Tuskarr when you have the chance I guess.

I quite like using it on a card I've played much cheaper than its true cost like nerubian prophet or volcanic drake.

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users