• You cannot reply to this topic

Hearthstone

#201 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-December-12, 06:29

I fell in love with the new Miracle Rogue:
Posted Image

It's challenging, competitive and a lot of fun. Most importantly, it's different than what I laddered with the last couple of seasons.

#202 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-12, 07:23

You need conceal to get lethal don't you? turn 7 gadgetzerian with conceal and draw cards, or drop creatures and conceal them before sapping the defenders and pushing damage.

#203 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-12, 07:52

Yeah. Usually what happens is you play an auctioneer and conceal it, cashing the cheap non-face spells on the way (coins, backstabs etc). The next turn you cycle a lot which results in drawing a combo kill (deckhand + cold bloods + faceless) or just drawing a lot of damage or just trying again, doing something like cold blood the auctioneer, hit face, conceal again. If you pick up Loatheb along the way it's also not bad in protecting auctioneers, since you can pretty easily clear the opponent's board with AoE and sap.

It's a bit tricky because sometimes they bend over backwards to clear the auctioneer (like BGH + Shadowflame) and often the next turn you make a "quiet" move like developing two minions (5/4 and 3/3) when you're already looking at 12-16 damage burst that's just looking for you to retain a board for a single turn. Other times you just push tempo like an oil rogue and just go face with a cold-blooded minion. This most notably happens against aggro where you don't have the luxury of screwing around gathering combo since your heal is the one ERF and it takes 10 mana to do the full combo.

#204 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-December-13, 06:17

Probably you missed it, but I found it great that Rafaan stole my golden deck and said:

Wow this deck is only golden cards? yor colelction is at the same level as mine (probably lost something on translation)

#205 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-15, 04:54

Interestingly, in English he says "your collection is even greater than my own", so it's funny in Spanish he's like "eh, you're also kinda okay"

#206 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-28, 07:46

Anybody tried the current tavern brawl, have come across a truly horrible deck that really makes it a fairly unpleasant experience. First time I met it, I did the guy 130+ damage and still lost 8 or 9 cards into fatigue.

Basically it revolves around antique healbot, gang up, shadowstep, vanish, the guy that does double battlecries, chromaggus, defender of argus, dark iron skulker, fan of knives, Alex etc, hideous

am 5/6 playing it and only lost to a completely godly warlock draw that killed me at turn 4 or 5 when I couldn't draw any healing.

#207 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2016-January-28, 10:20

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-January-28, 07:46, said:

Anybody tried the current tavern brawl, have come across a truly horrible deck that really makes it a fairly unpleasant experience.

am 5/6 playing it

You stumbled upon a deck that makes the game miserable to play for any opponent so decided to copy it and ruin everyone else's fun? :blink:
(-: Zel :-)

#208 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-January-28, 11:45

View PostZelandakh, on 2016-January-28, 10:20, said:

You stumbled upon a deck that makes the game miserable to play for any opponent so decided to copy it and ruin everyone else's fun? :blink:

I had the "win 5 games with rogue", once that was done I moved on

I did run into 2 even more miserable decks

Something similar with coldlight oracles as well

A 4 cards plus any spell infinite damage engine, somebody played the wizard that makes spells cost 1 less x2, echo, 2 more of the wizards, antonidas, spell and as many infinitely recycling 0 cost fireballs as they needed.

#209 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-29, 02:21

I really dislike this brawl but can't tell you why. I just built a random Hobgoblin deck and did my opponent in with a 9/9 Frostwolf Warlord. I know people are having fun with crazy OTK combos.

#210 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-January-29, 07:22

Dreadsteed is utterly broken in this format

#211 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-03, 02:24

Similar to Magic, Hearthstone will now have a "standard" format, containing only the basic set + expansions from two years.
http://us.battle.net...o-play-2-2-2016

Pretty exciting news IMO, neatly solves many of the creeping problems (power creep, reno lock)

#212 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-February-03, 03:52

I don't know what you talking about lol, dreadsteed? reno lock? power creep?

I played brawl once, got my pack and good bye.

Winning 5 in Arena with rogue is pretty easy ATM. I think its the most solid character for me, and I have never played him in constructed!

#213 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-February-03, 04:45

View PostFluffy, on 2016-February-03, 03:52, said:

I played brawl once, got my pack and good bye.

Winning 5 in Arena with rogue is pretty easy ATM. I think its the most solid character for me, and I have never played him in constructed!

I enjoy the brawls, I don't have good decks for some of the classes, so use the brawls to do those dailies.

The last brawl, every creature cost 1 and was 1/1, so a turn 1 Dr Boom was nasty, but very few people played silences, so dreadsteed was an unkillable trade with any creature which then came back

#214 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-03, 05:51

View PostFluffy, on 2016-February-03, 03:52, said:

Dreadsteed
Power creep is something that happens in TCGs, where to make people buy cards, cards become gradually stronger, crowding out older cards. Piloted Shredder, for instance, is king of the 4-slot, which was previously contested by cards like Senjin and Yeti. If you constantly shift old cards out, then new cards don't have to rising in power to beat the old ones.
Renolock is a control warlock deck with Reno Jackson. It has more early game than traditional handlock (i.e. it does things before T4) and can rely on a combo finish or just out-valuing the opponent.
If they didn't rotate sets out, as time progressed Renolock would've become the best deck since the price of paying it (only one of each card) would've become less and less crippling as more options opened up, and Warlock has the best hero power.

#215 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-March-11, 06:26

Not sure if this belongs here or as a separate topic. There is controversy about the new expansion being abbreviated as WOG, this being a racial slur in the UK although not in the US. Not sure how I should feel about this.

#216 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2016-March-11, 09:20

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-March-11, 06:26, said:

Not sure if this belongs here or as a separate topic. There is controversy about the new expansion being abbreviated as WOG, this being a racial slur in the UK although not in the US. Not sure how I should feel about this.

It is also German for weighed. Funnily enough I do not feel like a racist when using it in this context. Perhaps you could use the German pronunciation (vohg) if it is something you find offensive. Of course context is everything. It could become racist if used "humourously" in the wrong way but there is no reason why it should.
(-: Zel :-)

#217 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-March-11, 16:00

View PostZelandakh, on 2016-March-11, 09:20, said:

It is also German for weighed. Funnily enough I do not feel like a racist when using it in this context. Perhaps you could use the German pronunciation (vohg) if it is something you find offensive. Of course context is everything. It could become racist if used "humourously" in the wrong way but there is no reason why it should.

So if the new expansion came out with initials that spelled the N word, that would be fine ? This is the rough equivalent.

#218 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-March-11, 19:11

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-March-11, 16:00, said:

So if the new expansion came out with initials that spelled the N word, that would be fine ? This is the rough equivalent.

The "N word" is 6 letters. WOG is 3 letters. Given that there are hundreds of languages in the world (even just considering those that use the latin alphabet), it's going to be really hard to find a 3-letter combination that doesn't mean/imply something bad in one of those languages. So whining that this abbreviation means something bad in your language is just a case of egocentrism. Also, go read up on the concept of "context".
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#219 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-March-12, 05:25

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-March-11, 19:11, said:

The "N word" is 6 letters. WOG is 3 letters. Given that there are hundreds of languages in the world (even just considering those that use the latin alphabet), it's going to be really hard to find a 3-letter combination that doesn't mean/imply something bad in one of those languages. So whining that this abbreviation means something bad in your language is just a case of egocentrism. Also, go read up on the concept of "context".

Well that language is English, nominally the language the game is made in.

#220 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-12, 08:05

I missed that. I saw that on reddit they abbreviate it to "OG" but never thought why they dropped the "Whispers".

Also, free packs and legendaries! Whoo!

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users