Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

looking for Sponsor/pay students

#1 User is offline   shermangao 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-June-26, 13:49

My name is Sherman Gao, live in Pomona, CA. now looking for sponsor/pay students for tournaments.
here's what can I do for you: no matter what level you are right now, if you want to win some MPs, I'll play the way you play right now and win in any tournament pairs game with you, but however, if you want to improve your game and win bigger tournament, like do well in NABC+, I can help you improve your game by practice online and teach you everything you need to learn.
Free try online practice ACBL speedball game
email Shermangao73@hotmail.com to arrange a time,

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-26, 17:21

It would be a good idea to list your credentials.

And to retract the promise to win a pairs game! No one can guarantee that. I have played in pairs games where I am in by far the strongest partnership in the room, and not won.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   shermangao 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-26, 18:15

View PostVampyr, on 2015-June-26, 17:21, said:

It would be a good idea to list your credentials.

And to retract the promise to win a pairs game! No one can guarantee that. I have played in pairs games where I am in by far the strongest partnership in the room, and not won.

So far I never lose in a tournament pairs game with any partner, I came US about 2 years. not lose mean win some points, not every times 1st.

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-26, 19:19

I guess that as long as you can win masterpoints by placing 43rd out of 58 pairs with a 45.69% game in a Stratified event, your record may stay intact:
http://www.bridgeres...i?eventid=18488

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2015-June-26, 19:49

View Postshermangao, on 2015-June-26, 18:15, said:

So far I never lose in a tournament pairs game with any partner, I came US about 2 years. not lose mean win some points, not every times 1st.

You didn't say "not lose"; you said WIN.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#6 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2015-June-26, 19:54

View PostBbradley62, on 2015-June-26, 19:19, said:

I guess that as long as you can win masterpoints by placing 43rd out of 58 pairs with a 45.69% game in a Stratified event, your record may stay intact:

My god, who do you have to piss off to not get masterpoints in that game?

#7 User is offline   shermangao 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-26, 23:17

that's a 2 sections game, my client is an old man and he is get tired in 2nd section. however, we did win s points because 1st section.
even playing with very beginner player, I do win every time some points in all tournament pairs game. in 2 years.

#8 User is offline   shermangao 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-26, 23:18

View PostVampyr, on 2015-June-26, 19:49, said:

You didn't say "not lose"; you said WIN.

win mean win points, as my clients usually want to.

#9 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-June-27, 04:02

View PostVampyr, on 2015-June-26, 19:54, said:

My god, who do you have to piss off to not get masterpoints in that game?

Your partner, for starters :)
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#10 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-June-27, 05:36

View Postshermangao, on 2015-June-26, 23:18, said:

win mean win points, as my clients usually want to.

You may be a student of Lewis Carroll

http://www.bartleby.com/73/2019.html

Absent clarification, what is up for being won may, it seems, be open to interpretation.

Arguably, it should be obvious that you do not mean coming in first place, as it should be obvious that no-one would be able to make such a guarantee.

On the other hand, it is virtually impossible for a low-flight player to enter an event and not win masterpoints. I am pretty confident that any of my beginners would win masterpoints partnering, say, PhilG007.

It might be reasonable for a potential client on the Clapham Omnibus, on reading the promise to have an expectation that provides something beyond the inevitable. But legally I would rate it as simply an advertising "puff", and would be distinguished from Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Co.

It might be reasonable to expect a claim in an advert to be relevant to your decision whether to engage, but that is pretty naïve. The public have over recent decades developed sophisticated psychological defences to advertising claims, and advertisers up their game to compensate. Look back at any advert from 10 years ago and you would be aghast now that anyone was ever taken in by them when originally aired.

Guinness were good at this sort of thing. They ran a campaign once that advertised that all of their bottles were sterilised before bottling. It sounded good and was effective in boosting sales. And yet all bottles in all competing products are sterilised before deployment, so the claim while both true and worthless in reality was an effective ploy.

Likewise, my bosses advertise that they offer Capital Gains Tax planning and compliance services. In practice all of our competitors also provide those services. But it is amazing how much business we picked up simply by including it in the ad where our competitors did not.

It does have the potential to backfire when called on it.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#11 User is offline   BridgeJess 

• Pip

Posted 2015-July-01, 05:11

Agreed Sherman need clarify his winning theory. Regretfully he is not known how to promote himself. As one of his students, I would like to clarify some of his specialty aspects in bridge.

First of all, I am a beginner of bridge play when I met him, most of conventions and card play techniques I didn't know.

1. Conventions. He is the one who knows most conventions, where and when to use those conventions. I learned Multi 2D, Last Train to Clarcsville and Lack wood, Modified Woolsey system against NT, Suctions etc from him. They are very useful when you compete at the NABC+ event.

2. Robot play at BBO. I watched him playing Robot game at BBO. Really amazing winning. Link below is one of his record:
http://webutil.bridg...tch.php?id=2571

3. Pair and team play techniques. I played with him for several Regional and National events. He showed a lot techniques towards pair and team game differently. I followed his instructions and find out they are quite useful when I compete at the tournaments.

Links below are a few his achievements:

1. http://www.bridgeres...i?eventid=18518
Top 5 of 47 tables

2. http://web2.acbl.org...ABC/NABC142.HTM
1st place Under "Tue-Wed KO Bracket 5 - 16 Tables"

If you are looking to get better in bridge, learn more conventions, and know more bridge techniques, I would recommend you learn from him. If you already advanced and knows what he knows, definitely he is not the right choice for you.

Hope everyone would do better and enjoy bridge play everyday!

#12 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-01, 06:11

To be fair he has a pretty good record, though. Above 50% in 18 out of 20 events.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users