BBO Discussion Forums: Advanced/"expert" partner, low MP, District 7 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced/"expert" partner, low MP, District 7

#1 User is offline   masonbarge 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-June-24, 14:38

I started playing BBO in Jan 2014 and started playing in clubs in Feb/March, 2015, after a 35-year layoff. I was a serious player and had to just give it up for career/family.

So, my skill level is on the high side of "advanced" - generally close to expert dummy play, decent defense, struggling to learn the fine points of 2/1 and develop bidding judgment. Like a lot of guys with "card sense".

I stopped playing BOT tournaments when I discovered Gold Rush :) I was getting 60-70 MP per month but stopped cold so I could get some Gold while still under 750.

I'd like to find a good player in a similar situation, or a really talented new player, to grab some color points before my MP get over 750. I have a few people to play with in the 3000-7500 range, although I'll play with anyone a couple of times, and I got some "A" strat points at my first regional recently, but still -- Gold Rush is a lot easier. I'm a really nice guy and "good partner", never get mad, screw up about once a game myself, and I like to have fun.

It would also be fun to have a shot at a national title in the B or C strat for GNT or GNP.

I'm in Atlanta, so would prefer someone nearby - although don't be shy, one of my high-point partners is in Canada and I will travel to play with someone I have a good time with and some chance of success, at whatever level.

#2 User is offline   sky_mfom 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-July-02, 17:59

View Postmasonbarge, on 2015-June-24, 14:38, said:

I started playing BBO in Jan 2014 and started playing in clubs in Feb/March, 2015, after a 35-year layoff. I was a serious player and had to just give it up for career/family.

So, my skill level is on the high side of "advanced" - generally close to expert dummy play, decent defense, struggling to learn the fine points of 2/1 and develop bidding judgment. Like a lot of guys with "card sense".

I stopped playing BOT tournaments when I discovered Gold Rush :) I was getting 60-70 MP per month but stopped cold so I could get some Gold while still under 750.

I'd like to find a good player in a similar situation, or a really talented new player, to grab some color points before my MP get over 750. I have a few people to play with in the 3000-7500 range, although I'll play with anyone a couple of times, and I got some "A" strat points at my first regional recently, but still -- Gold Rush is a lot easier. I'm a really nice guy and "good partner", never get mad, screw up about once a game myself, and I like to have fun.

It would also be fun to have a shot at a national title in the B or C strat for GNT or GNP.

I'm in Atlanta, so would prefer someone nearby - although don't be shy, one of my high-point partners is in Canada and I will travel to play with someone I have a good time with and some chance of success, at whatever level.

#3 User is offline   sky_mfom 

• Pip

Posted 2015-July-02, 17:59

#4 User is offline   sky_mfom 

• Pip

Posted 2015-July-02, 18:02

I alive in Columbia, s.c. looking for a partner for the Atlanta Regional. I have 4,500 master points

#5 User is offline   sky_mfom 

• Pip

Posted 2015-July-03, 13:20

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users