BBO Discussion Forums: European Advanced + player with the potential to develop serious partnership. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

European Advanced + player with the potential to develop serious partnership.

#1 User is offline   philip1099 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-June-19, 02:39

After a lengthy break while the children took up a lot of time, I am keen to play more quality bridge and online suits me well – big BBO fan.

I live in the UK, so ideally would like a European time zone player looking to build a serious online partnership with time spent practising to build understanding as well as playing events. I have played to county representative level and enter the UK national team events such as Gold Cup, Crockfords etc but play little club based pairs – much prefer IMP scoring. I play SAYC online; not quite 2/1 but have a good set of system notes from my regular F2F partnership (who is not so keen online, hence this post).

If you wish to explore further, we can exchange email addresses after sampling a few boards on the site.

#2 User is offline   tompeer 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-20, 03:58

Hi Philip

Sounds like we play at a similar level.

I'm often on BBO although at the minute my kids keep me away from too many events.

Generally prefer 2/1 but can play most systems.

Tom

#3 User is offline   respublica 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-20, 04:32

Hi I'm interested. Play 2/1 with most conv. Bored to play with occp. 2/1 by timm and hardy. If interested cont. me

#4 User is offline   GrahamJson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-June-26, 07:31

Hi Philip. It sounds like we may be well matched, apart from time zones. I currently live in Abu Dhabi, which is three hours ahead of UK. But it may be possible to make it work. I expect to be returning to the UK next year, possibly quite early.

I haven't played regularly for many years, having been living in countries where the game isn't played much, but still try to keep up to speed. I've played a bit on BBO but have found some aspects rather tedious, particularly the poor behaviour of some players. Hopefully playing with a regular partner would be much better.

I used to play to a pretty good standard. It's a long time since I played in the Gold Cup, but last time we reached the fifth round when we were knocked out by Andrew Robson's team. At university (very long ago) my team one several tournaments including the national university teams congress, - twice I think.

I'm probably a bit rusty, but did win the last tournament I played in, back in January. But it was a local one, so the standard wasn't too high. My bidding must be still ok as I enter the Bridge Magazine bidding competition each month and usually do pretty well, having won the Grand Prix (best five scores over the year) in 2013 and currently at the top for this year.

Let me know if you are interested in giving it a try. I prefer Acol, but will plat almost anything. The weekend here is Friday and Saturday, so Thursday and Friday nights are probably the best times for me, unless you can play late afternoon/early evening.

Out of interest, where in the uk do you live?

Cheers,

Graham

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users