• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seeking bridge partner 2/1 or SAYC, f2f in NYC or on BBO

#1 User is offline   mistysheil 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Bridge, reading, cooking, classical music, dogs

Posted 2015-June-18, 21:38

I am looking for a partner who plays either 2/1 or SAYC, using the following conventions: Jacoby 2nt, splinters, nmf, inverted minors, support x, neg x to 3s, gerber after any NT, xfers to Majors/minors, Texas xfers, RKC 0314, Capelletti, lavinthal or odd/even discards, Western cue bids, OGUST, Lebensohl. I'm flexible and will yield to partner's preferences.

I live in New York City and play f2f at Honors when I have a partner. It would be wonderful to pair up with someone in NY to play f2f in addition to playing online at BBO. I'm one of the original members of Swangames, a very small and friendly online bridge site.

I look forward to some good bridge games.

#2 User is offline   salty1 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-19, 14:35

Perhaps we can give it a try ... sometimes when both online or if you send me a message as to when we could try, Email me ... I go onto BBO randomly. Feel free to look at my profile (salty1)and/or I can send you my ACBL card. I also tried Swan many years ago, but did not like it, primarily the interface.

#3 User is offline   dave1hall 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-June-20, 09:37

View Postmistysheil, on 2015-June-18, 21:38, said:

I am looking for a partner who plays either 2/1 or SAYC, using the following conventions: Jacoby 2nt, splinters, nmf, inverted minors, support x, neg x to 3s, gerber after any NT, xfers to Majors/minors, Texas xfers, RKC 0314, Capelletti, lavinthal or odd/even discards, Western cue bids, OGUST, Lebensohl. I'm flexible and will yield to partner's preferences.

I live in New York City and play f2f at Honors when I have a partner. It would be wonderful to pair up with someone in NY to play f2f in addition to playing online at BBO. I'm one of the original members of Swangames, a very small and friendly online bridge site.

I am also looking for a partner to play 2/1. I am retired in Westminster Maryland, a small town NW of Baltimore. The BBO games may be a good way to practice, even if distance normally keeps us from F2F playing. Very few players in my area play 2/1. I have to travel to Baltimore to find an infrequent 2/1 partner.
You appear to be a fan of Larry Cohen from your list. I can play the conventions you have listed. My 2/1 game is mostly from Audrey Grant with the forcing 1NT style from Marty Bergen.
I also play inverted minors, NMF Bergen style, Reverse Drury, Convenient minor opening, Strong 2C open with 80% 2 diamond waiting, weak jump shifts, a defined double system, Michaels and unusual NT, Controls, The LAW in competition, Stayman; puppet & crawling by Bergen, & garbage.
If interested, I can send you a description of my 2/1 style bids and incorporate the conventions you have mentioned. I am an avid reader of bridge information and have a good written interpretation of the conventions that I play. I find that there are many variations of common conventions that most partnerships do not discuss in advance. I am very flexible on conventions. I prefer to stick with the convention guidelines written by the experts. Feel free to call me to discuss at 410-857-7541.
Thanks in advance
Dave Hall dave@clan-hall.com

#4 User is offline   murray884 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-20, 19:16

What is f2f?_ I am a bronz life master. What Is your rank? I'm looking for a partner for bbo
murray884@yahoo.com

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-20, 19:33

View Postmurray884, on 2015-June-20, 19:16, said:

What is f2f?

http://www.bridgebas...__1#entry178862

#6 User is offline   arya_01 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-21, 20:29

:)
Hi, I can only join you in BBO online practice. I am 2/1 intermediate, EST. Often you will see me playing in IAC, in free tourmaments or playing against bots.

Do invite me or ask to join me using PM.

#7 User is offline   bethny 

• Pip

Posted 2015-June-22, 16:26

I'm looking for an online 2/1 partner. I'm in NY, and used to play at Honors. Let's try playing online and see how it goes?

#8 User is offline   aurora 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2015-June-24, 04:50

I think "F2F" menas face to face (live tournaments)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users