#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-15, 19:42

Lead deuce

What is your favourite line?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-June-15, 20:27

I'm probably missing something obvious, because this hand seems pretty simple...

1. Spade Ruff
2. Club to the Ace
3. Spade Ruff
4. Heart to the King.

Even if clubs are 4-0, we might be able to discard both diamonds if hearts are 3/3.

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-June-15, 21:06

View PostWesleyC, on 2015-June-15, 20:27, said:

I'm probably missing something obvious, because this hand seems pretty simple...

1. Spade Ruff
2. Club to the Ace
3. Spade Ruff
4. Heart to the King.

Even if clubs are 4-0, we might be able to discard both diamonds if hearts are 3/3.

If clubs behaved this would not be a problem. So you had the advantage of guessing it due to being posted in forums but still put your money on 3-3 . When you ruffed the first and played a to hand , LHO discards a . You ruffed 2nd spade and played a to K. I hope hearts are 3-3 for you, if this is your favourite line. Posted Image

Cmon, you can do better than this. It is actually pretty easy to increase your chances when it is 4-0 onside, but a world class player played exact same line you did.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-16, 02:00

1. Spade ruff
2. Club to ace.

If West shows out, switch to hearts.
If hearts are 3-3 nothing lost. You are home. Just continue hearts.
If hearts are are 4-2 you will have to overruff East, but you now know to take the diamond finesse after the second spade ruff.
If East fails to ruff the third heart you ruff the fourth heart and establish the fifth for a second diamond discard.
Surprised that a world class player misplayed such a simple hand.

Rainer Herrmann

#5 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2015-June-16, 05:03

If LHO turns up with 4 s, then You can revert to WesleyC's line :)

#6 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2015-June-16, 13:14

I think the answer MrAce expect is the unblock the of the T of clubs in case clubs are 0-4 and the Jh is doubleton
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-June-16, 17:27

View Postbenlessard, on 2015-June-16, 13:14, said:

I think the answer MrAce expect is the unblock the of the T of clubs in case clubs are 0-4 and the Jh is doubleton

You are getting close, but the trick imo is when E has stiff J. Not doubleton.

I personally find the line below interesting

T1- Take spade in hand with Ace
T2- Cash A and see 0-4, ( if 4-0 you know what to do)
T3- Cash K

and if J drops from E, ruff a spade with T, finesse clubs and make 6+1ruff+5 +1 tricks for 13 tricks.
and if J did not drop play hearts and you know what to do.

Problem with this line is when you cash A and everyone follows. It gets a little complicated at that point. Then we can not afford to cash K i guess. We will need to cash 2nd club and see if 2-2. If not we will ruff a spade and K to hand, clear trumps and hope for 3-3 hearts. If not 3-3 we can try to guess diamonds. Is this better than Rainer's line? I do not think so. Because this line forces us to guess diamonds when trumps are 3-1

Note: Edited couple of nonsense.

#8 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-16, 19:14

You are getting close, but the trick imo is when E has stiff ♥J

im ok too,

ruff , T to A seeing the bad break, K overtake finesse and its over if east got Jx or J. If the J doesnt fall ill pitch a spades and rely on D finesse.

EDIT ....Ok i made a mistake I blow a trick when I overtake in H.

good problem.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#9 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-16, 19:31

A,A seing bad break. Ruff S C finesse and play on the H.

This will work when east got J,Jx or H are 3-3. If H dont work you have the D guess.

Again this doesnt work if clubs break and all i had to do is to ruff 2S.. :(

#10 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-June-16, 20:14

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-June-17, 21:34

View PostMrAce, on 2015-June-16, 17:27, said:

T1- Take spade in hand with Ace
T2- Cash A and see 0-4, ( if 4-0 you know what to do)
T3- Cash K

Problem with this line is when you cash A and everyone follows. It gets a little complicated at that point. Then we can not afford to cash K i guess. We will need to cash 2nd club and see if 2-2. If not we will ruff a spade and K to hand, clear trumps and hope for 3-3 hearts. If not 3-3 we can try to guess diamonds. Is this better than Rainer's line? I do not think so. Because this line forces us to guess diamonds when trumps are 3-1

On this kind of deal, it's almost impossible for a line that gives you a chance to go down on 3/1 trumps to be correct. For example, LHO holding Jxx and short hearts is significantly more likely than East holding Jxxx. Once you've convinced yourself of this general principle, you can save a lot of thinking time by discounting those lines immediately.

#12 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-June-17, 23:06

View PostWesleyC, on 2015-June-17, 21:34, said:

On this kind of deal, it's almost impossible for a line that gives you a chance to go down on 3/1 trumps to be correct. For example, LHO holding Jxx and short hearts is significantly more likely than East holding Jxxx. Once you've convinced yourself of this general principle, you can save a lot of thinking time by discounting those lines immediately.

Obviously you have written this comment without reading fully what I have written already. Otherwise you would not repeat what I already said. Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users