BBO Discussion Forums: How to input 11-table Hesitation Mitchell in ACBLscore - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to input 11-table Hesitation Mitchell in ACBLscore

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-19, 08:10

Wow, I am surprised that someone actually recommended, in a book, to arrow-switch half the boards.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#22 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-19, 08:24

It has occurred to me to wonder whether there was any consideration of math in Harris' recommendations, or just "this seems like a good idea". :unsure:
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#23 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2015-June-22, 20:53

Just for curiosity, for all of these Hesitation Mitchells which seem to all have you not Arrow Switch the Hesitation Table, how much difference would it make to arrow switch all the tables, including the hesitation table?

Why would I ask this? It's going to be very difficult to get any director at my local club to try using a Hesitation Mitchell and I'd like to avoid any exceptions in the movements to raise the chance of no errors happening.

I do realize the EW pair at the hesitation table in the penultimate table will be EW cards the last two rounds if the arrow switch occurs for the last round only.

#24 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-23, 06:54

Off the cuff, you arrow switch stationary pairs. No pair at the pivot table is stationary.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#25 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-18, 03:30

Sorry for giving this old thread a bump, but I created this exact movement for my local club, since the way it's growing we will soon have 11 tables. Anyway, it accepted and saved the movement, except the boards don't smoothly go down in order. Under 'Board Setup for Round 1', I have the correct boards, except it has the Bye Stand after table 11, and I can't figure out how to move it to between 5 and 6. Any thoughts?

EDIT - Once I exited out of the game setup and just went into movements from the main screen, it has 23 and 24 as the first Byestand boards, between tables 11 and 1. How do I fix this? Thanks for the help.

EDIT 2 - I also realized that for 11.5 tables, I want to create a 13 round, 12 table Hesitation Mitchell. How would I set up, and then move the 2 sets of sitout boards to put them between 5 and 6? Again, thanks for the help.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users