BBO Discussion Forums: Strong raise in Hearts not available. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strong raise in Hearts not available.

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-14, 00:22

MP, Instant, ver 34

The link to explanations seems to have broken on this hand, but the 4H bid showed a bad hand in context.

There was no way for South to show a strong raise in Hearts. 3N showed 2-2 in the majors, that much I remember. I cannot remember what 4m showed but it was not a Heart fit. One of the 4m bids at least (if not both) should show this.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2015-June-14, 06:58

Surely 4/4 have to be a good hand for one of the majors anyways?! Showing a suit at this point would be a waste of time.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-June-14, 08:42

View Poststeve2005, on 2015-June-14, 06:58, said:

Surely 4/4 have to be a good hand for one of the majors anyways?! Showing a suit at this point would be a waste of time.

Given that you can agree Spades below game with 3S, I would expect 4C/4D to be unconditionally agreeing Hearts with extras.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-June-14, 09:54

I realize this was an instant tournament and therefore it's possible that the explanations have changed, but here is a full explanation of 4.

Note: Unless there are clever subtleties to the 4m responses, it's silly for 4 to show specifically two spades; certainly, you should show a heart preference with 4H and 3S as in this hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users