BBO Discussion Forums: windows 8.1 and unable to see profiles - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

windows 8.1 and unable to see profiles

#1 User is offline   movingon 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-June-07, 11:00

I wonder if anyone else is having the problem with windows 8.1 in seeing profiles. It used to be that if one waved a cursor over
the person's icon at the table (or anywhere else, for that matter) I would be given information about the systems, etc. and if in the lobby would see if the person was playing a tournament or in one of the rooms. Now, if I do that, nothing happens. And, worse,
if I click on the person's icon, I freeze up and have to shut down my browser (firefox) to leave the BBO bridge site and then reopen Firefox and return.

Any ideas? Thanks!
movingon (Noreen)

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-June-07, 19:04

The first feature you asked about is a settable option. Options -> More Options... -> Advanced Options, select Show profile upon mouse over.

I just tried Firefox 38 in Windows 8.1 and I had no problem displaying profiles. Make sure your Flash Player is up-to-date, clear your cache, and try again.

#3 User is offline   movingon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-08, 09:40

View Postbarmar, on 2015-June-07, 19:04, said:

The first feature you asked about is a settable option. Options -> More Options... -> Advanced Options, select Show profile upon mouse over.

I just tried Firefox 38 in Windows 8.1 and I had no problem displaying profiles. Make sure your Flash Player is up-to-date, clear your cache, and try again.

Thanks... I will try to implement your suggestions.

#4 User is offline   movingon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-10, 15:45

Thank you for your help! Somehow the mouse-over option was unchecked. It now is and I am back in full operation!

Noreen(movingon)

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-June-11, 08:38

It's off by default. If you moved to a new computer, all your options revert to their defaults.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users