BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs Jec Sat, June 6, 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs Jec Sat, June 6, 2PM EDT (8PM CET) Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC's team on Sat

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-June-03, 23:05

Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC's team on Saturday at 2PM New York Time (8PM Central Europe)

#2 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:*dreaming*

Posted 2015-June-04, 10:07

Two weeks ago it was horrible sleepy performance. Do other allow us try to improve this week?

That means Derric and I would like to play on Saturday.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-05, 00:23

suokko, you're in of course. Hope this practice is helpful for you and derric and your funny system stuff :)
Need one more pair please.

#4 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-05, 00:45

I can play
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#5 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2015-June-05, 01:46

Aditan and I would like to play
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-05, 04:14

So we have a full team, great :)

BBF Team this Saturday is:

suokko + derric
helene_t + aditan

Good luck!

#7 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2015-June-06, 17:13

Lost by 58 IMPs, sorry teammates. We let them make three doomed game contracts, one was very stupid when I persisted in playing my hearts, knowing that declarer had six of them against my five, thereby setting up his 9th trick. Two others (when I was pseudosqueesed and when Adi failed to find the trump lead against 5X) were maybe also avoidable. And I bid a slam off three top tricks, lol.

#8 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-07, 00:48

We missed a cold slam when I didn't think completely what shape Juho had promised. It was so obvious spade void promised and I choose not to look for slam when I feared Migry would probably have that spade void and first trick ruff would beat us. Other wise that biding was bad from me too. But that is a different story entirely.

We also bid quite many never making game contracts with minimal values while only one game making produced a positive score. But those games were actually mostly bid by opponents too.

Then there was boards 6 and 18 where the winning lead was an alternative for a moment but I eliminated them. I don't know if I should have found the winning lead based on biding in our table in either one. But it is really annoying when winning lead was the last alternative and I didn't choose it.

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-07, 12:47

View Postsuokko, on 2015-June-07, 00:48, said:

We missed a cold slam when I didn't think completely what shape Juho had promised. It was so obvious spade void promised and I choose not to look for slam when I feared Migry would probably have that spade void and first trick ruff would beat us. Other wise that biding was bad from me too. But that is a different story entirely.

I watched that hand.
General consensus among the very good players was that some of your pd's bids were from another planet.

http://www.bridgebas...CS3%7Cmc%7C9%7C
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#10 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-09, 08:10

3 double was agreed to deny penalty and shortness in . It is missing the alert/explanation in myhands at least. But there was some private chat about it in the table.

My initial penalty pass caused also huge problems to later biding. Probably everyone wouldn't do same. But I couldn't figure any other way to have chance to describe my hand type and make a slam invite in hearts ending up declaring. I wanted to declare the heart contract to avoid spade ruff from the lead. That initial thinking to try to declare heart contract shadow my later thinking when I should have carefully analized what Juho had promised up to 4. I even failed to defend correctly that hand. But that was quite cheap this time.

#11 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-09, 11:11

View Postsuokko, on 2015-June-09, 08:10, said:

3 double was agreed to deny penalty and shortness in . It is missing the alert/explanation in myhands at least. But there was some private chat about it in the table.

My initial penalty pass caused also huge problems to later biding. Probably everyone wouldn't do same. But I couldn't figure any other way to have chance to describe my hand type and make a slam invite in hearts ending up declaring. I wanted to declare the heart contract to avoid spade ruff from the lead. That initial thinking to try to declare heart contract shadow my later thinking when I should have carefully analized what Juho had promised up to 4. I even failed to defend correctly that hand. But that was quite cheap this time.

Isn't it better to use 3 to show, er, hearts?

And I'm not just talking about after they ran - the reopening double is absurd. I think it is a huge mistake to reopen with a double on a shapely hand of modest strength.

I get that you can easily invert double and pass after they run, but taking it this far is a joke.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users