• You cannot reply to this topic

FIFA

#161 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-17, 15:59

View Postmike777, on 2015-June-17, 14:53, said:

For example it may mean the next world cup is cancelled.

That ain't gonna happen Mike. You ain't gonna witness THIS in any other sport and world won't allow it to be cancelled. Posted Image It is not really about how many goals are scored in a match for football fans. There is much more to see for an eye that knows to look.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#162 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-17, 17:12

View PostMrAce, on 2015-June-17, 15:59, said:

That ain't gonna happen Mike. You ain't gonna witness THIS in any other sport and world won't allow it to be cancelled. Posted Image It is not really about how many goals are scored in a match for football fans. There is much more to see for an eye that knows to look.

ACE you did not quote the rest of my post so out of context. :)

If FIFA was destroyed, yes the concern is that the next world cup might be cancelled.

Now if you think FIFA wont be destroyed out of this concern, you agree with me. As you state the worldwide fans will not allow this. :)

btw the world series was cancelled in baseball.
https://en.wikipedia...94_World_Series

#163 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-18, 07:35

2018 Russia is on for sure.

2022 Qatar .. could be relocated or boycotted over human rights violations. Time will tell. Personally, I think that any conscionable nation or team should refuse to go. As a fan of USA, I would consider this a greater success than attending and winning.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#164 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2015-June-19, 22:25

View Postbillw55, on 2015-June-18, 07:35, said:

2018 Russia is on for sure.

2022 Qatar .. could be relocated or boycotted over human rights violations. Time will tell. Personally, I think that any conscionable nation or team should refuse to go. As a fan of USA, I would consider this a greater success than attending and winning.

hmm you give Russia a pass on human rights violations compared to Qatar

ok on the record.
---------------

I understand fans/customers/ those of you who pay your hard earned euros, want the games to go on no matter whatr. But that does not make you innocent.
---------------

destroying Fifa may lead to a cancellation of the next world cup.

#165 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-20, 05:03

View Postmike777, on 2015-June-19, 22:25, said:

hmm you give Russia a pass on human rights violations compared to Qatar

It is not about human rights violations as far as Russia is concerned. The time to 2018 is tighter and the main alternative (England) has backed away from stepping up. For 2022 there would be enough time for another country, such as Australia, to do the work required. The issues in Qatar also go well beyond human rights. It will cause major disruption to the European leagues to hold the World Cup in the winter, especially to the Premier League where this is the busiest time of the year.
(-: Zel :-)

#166 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2015-June-20, 05:09

The World Cup should never have been awarded to Qatar. Now is the time to correct that mistake.

#167 User is offline   Gerben42 

• Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2015-June-20, 05:43

View PostArtK78, on 2015-June-20, 05:09, said:

The World Cup should never have been awarded to Qatar. Now is the time to correct that mistake.

In hindsight also not to Russia, but there is time to also correct that mistake. If the FIFA is damaged in such a way that the next world cup is cancelled (which FIFA deserves), I expect that UEFA & CONMEBOL will be glad to invite the other zones in a 32-team "extended European / South American" championship which happens to take place in 2018 somewhere.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#168 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-20, 06:35

View PostGerben42, on 2015-June-20, 05:43, said:

In hindsight also not to Russia, but there is time to also correct that mistake. If the FIFA is damaged in such a way that the next world cup is cancelled (which FIFA deserves), I expect that UEFA & CONMEBOL will be glad to invite the other zones in a 32-team "extended European / South American" championship which happens to take place in 2018 somewhere.

It would be desirable but will not happen. The main reason: FIFA and the WC have the same sponsors as the big european national federations, a long list of the mega corporations.

German federation will for sure not boycott FIFA events if multis like Adidas, Daimler etc dont want it. The money rules the soccer and it will stay so after Blatter is gone.
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#169 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-June-20, 06:41

View PostZelandakh, on 2015-June-20, 05:03, said:

It is not about human rights violations as far as Russia is concerned. The time to 2018 is tighter and the main alternative (England) has backed away from stepping up. For 2022 there would be enough time for another country, such as Australia, to do the work required. The issues in Qatar also go well beyond human rights. It will cause major disruption to the European leagues to hold the World Cup in the winter, especially to the Premier League where this is the busiest time of the year.

It's also illegal (or should be) to win the right to host with a sci-fi proposal saying you can totally host it in July and later saying "oooooh, maybe November would be better."
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#170 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2015-June-20, 08:47

View PostGerben42, on 2015-June-20, 05:43, said:

It wasn't quite as obvious when the vote took place as it is now that Russia would be a bad choice (although many of us felt it was obvious enough). I don't think there's enough time to pull it from Russia unless it's obvious to everybody that lots of corruption was involved (or they do something catastrophic in the foreign policy department) and there's revulsion from everybody including the sponsors.

#171 User is offline   Gerben42 

• Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2015-June-23, 09:47

View PostCyberyeti, on 2015-June-20, 08:47, said:

It wasn't quite as obvious when the vote took place as it is now that Russia would be a bad choice (although many of us felt it was obvious enough). I don't think there's enough time to pull it from Russia unless it's obvious to everybody that lots of corruption was involved (or they do something catastrophic in the foreign policy department) and there's revulsion from everybody including the sponsors.

Well for one time we will have a "World Cup" without investing billions into new stadiums, which is fine since we have suitable stadiums in Europe. One should give it to the 2nd place bid which is Spain + Portugal.

The only problem is that people think 2018 is still "far away" so they are not putting enough pressure on sponsors yet.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#172 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-25, 11:41

bump
OK
bed

#173 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2015-September-26, 01:31

hmm did I not suggest destroy Fifa.....and replace with something...ten somethings.....sigh

the fans will just not give up next world cup....so blame them...they get what they seek

the fans have the money..the fans have the power!!

the fans vote do not destroy next world cup no matter how corrupt!

they just do not care that much
----

the problem is people do not do not accept fifa be destroyed...they want it to live no matter what crap

If your view point is that Fifa must live no matter what....that the world cup must live no matter what ....then that ends discussion.

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users