• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-May-21, 17:13

View PostVampyr, on 2015-May-21, 15:59, said:

Walk THE walk, Talk THE talk. Just FYI.

Corrected. Thanks.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#22 User is offline   PhilG007 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Occasional chess player. Dominoes

Posted 2015-May-22, 05:35

View PostMrAce, on 2015-May-21, 14:06, said:

Actually it is.

You put $ to BBO and so do I. We play in BBO money game section. You have a GIB and so do i. Same skill level pd for both of us. Rest pretty much depends on my mercy Posted Image
But I doubt you are "walk the walk" as much as you are "talk the talk" Posted Image

This is a very good chance to give a lesson to this Mr.Deuce. If I were you I would not miss this opportunity. Easy money for you!! And just to make it easier and shorter for you to finish me, we should play at the highest $ table. We play until one of us says "uncle" regardless of how long it takes. If I were you I would not be discouraged/if when down couple hundreds or thousands. A good player at your caliber can close the gap easily at any time.

Do we have a deal? I mean...after all you are the one who asked for it, didn't you?

I feel sorry for your money (!) <_<
Finally you recognise me as a 'good player' At last you have comes to your senses(!)
"It is not enough to be a good player, you must also play well"
- Dr Tarrasch(1862-1934)German Chess Grandmaster

Bridge is a game where you have two opponents...and often three(!)

"Any palooka can take tricks with Aces and Kings; the true expert shows his prowess
by how he handles the two's and three's" - Mollo's Hideous Hog

#23 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-22, 05:42

View PostPhilG007, on 2015-May-22, 05:35, said:

I feel sorry for your money (!) Posted Image
Finally you recognise me as a 'good player' At last you have comes to your senses(!)

So is this a "yes"? Shall we do it?
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#24 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-May-22, 07:25

View PostMrAce, on 2015-May-22, 05:42, said:

Make sure to post the hands! (Assuming, of course, that Phil isn't too chickenshit to play)
Alderaan delenda est

#25 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-22, 08:03

View PostMrAce, on 2015-May-22, 05:42, said:

Are kibitzers allowed?
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#26 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-May-22, 08:13

View Postgordontd, on 2015-May-22, 08:03, said:

Are kibitzers allowed?

The BBO money games are well designed to prevent any kind of cheating, a necessary consequence of which is that you can't watch in real time.

Maybe we could get Timo to post a video afterwards that we can all watch.
Alderaan delenda est

#27 User is offline   masse24 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-May-22, 09:33

View Posthrothgar, on 2015-May-22, 07:25, said:

Make sure to post the hands! (Assuming, of course, that Phil isn't too chickenshit to play)

Impossible!
Phil has boasted of his expertise "in a voice of thunder" on this forum. To back out now would be too humiliating to fathom.
Keep us posted as to time and date. :)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

#28 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-22, 10:04

I actually ran into Phil in BBO. Asked if we are going to walk the talk, unfortunately he was either away or busy Posted Image. No respond.

But if it does happen I will do my best to record it.

#29 User is offline   Jinksy 

• Experimental biddicist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-22, 10:39

I know it's uncouth to post this sort of thing here, but in case anyone is interested:

PhilG007's bboskill rating: 1522
MrAce's bboskill rating: 2227

(this is after 15672 and 8117 boards respectively, so their skills probably haven't evolved too much since then)
The "4 is a transfer to 4" award goes to Jinksy - PhilKing

#30 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-May-22, 10:49

View PostJinksy, on 2015-May-22, 10:39, said:

I know it's uncouth to post this sort of thing here, but in case anyone is interested:

(this is after 15672 and 8117 boards respectively, so their skills probably haven't evolved too much since then)

In all fairness, BBOSKILL isn't that accurate. There are very real issues when people primarily play in circles that don't intersect.

For example, Timo plays most of his games against Jimy Cayne while Phil's wins are racked up in the BIL...
Alderaan delenda est

#31 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-22, 11:42

View PostJinksy, on 2015-May-22, 10:39, said:

BBO skills shows the number of boards I played 8117 for a VERY long time now.

I agree with Richard that BBO skill is inaccurate, although it shows me as some sort of expert and Phil as intermediate. As I said in the past, it also showed me better than Versace at some point.

#32 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-22, 14:19

View PostMrAce, on 2015-May-22, 11:42, said:

BBO skills shows the number of boards I played 8117 for a VERY long time now.

I agree with Richard that BBO skill is inaccurate, although it shows me as some sort of expert and Phil as intermediate. As I said in the past, it also showed me better than Versace at some point.

I find this particular money challenge in poor taste - the original offer, as I recall, was for PhilG007 and a partner of his choice (it can be Madala as far as I am concerned) to take on me and MikeH at suitable stakes. Any attept to hijack this is just not on! :angry:

#33 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-22, 17:39

View PostPhilKing, on 2015-May-22, 14:19, said:

I find this particular money challenge in poor taste - the original offer, as I recall, was for PhilG007 and a partner of his choice (it can be Madala as far as I am concerned) to take on me and MikeH at suitable stakes. Any attept to hijack this is just not on! :angry:

Phil King. You are way too overbidding and psyche. You stand no chance against a "DBL with a voice of thunder!"

View PostTrinidad, on 2015-May-21, 10:41, said:

How many boards were you playing? And the stakes were?

Rik

Frankly, the way PhilG called me out on this, I never thought he would back up, and was getting ready to order couple more 18 wheelers and run them via hired drivers. While I make sure all the liability insurance, cargo insurance, maintenance, diesel, driver payments are covered by me working in front of my pc!!

#34 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-May-22, 19:07

View PostMrAce, on 2015-May-22, 17:39, said:

Phil King. You are way too overbidding and psyche. You stand no chance against a "DBL with a voice of thunder!"

Psych is not allowed in the BIL

#35 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-22, 22:37

this is one of the better threads on bbf in years
OK
bed

#36 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-23, 00:23

Congrats Phil, you even got your first upvote. Posted Image

#37 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-23, 00:42

View PostPhilKing, on 2015-May-22, 14:19, said:

Actually we can all profit. Certain days of the week, I give my password to you and whoever needs money in return of some percentage! Posted Image

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users