BBO Discussion Forums: For ONCE GIB doesn't take an action - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

For ONCE GIB doesn't take an action Instant Tourneys

#1 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-May-19, 14:18

I had an awful run of Instant Tourneys last night but had one fun top.

There are many, many times, when playing in an IT, my GIB takes an action that old-GIB didn't take. Hello bottom! <_< Or finds a better lead. Hello bottom!! :angry: Just part of the life of the instant tournament player! :P

Finally, I had a hand last night were GIB didn't take an action and my 4S was a cold top. Old-GIB goes to 5H at the other tables.

Link

Thoughts?
Daniel

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-May-19, 14:34

I don't feel strong enough to comment about this hand, but I do agree that most of the time that GIB at my table takes an anti-field action in an Instant it works out better for the oppo. I would not say that the difference is that huge, but certainly noticeable, and I find it encouraging, as it demonstrates to my mind that GIB is certainly improving from version to version.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-May-20, 14:51

View Post1eyedjack, on 2015-May-19, 14:34, said:

I don't feel strong enough to comment about this hand, but I do agree that most of the time that GIB at my table takes an anti-field action in an Instant it works out better for the oppo. I would not say that the difference is that huge, but certainly noticeable, and I find it encouraging, as it demonstrates to my mind that GIB is certainly improving from version to version.

I was confused by this for a moment, but I believe you mean when your opponents take a different action that was taken in earlier versions, it works better for them. One would hope that when your partner's action is different in the current version it would more often help you. In the long run, if this all works out, most of us would score more poorly in instant games than in real-time games, since there are two opponents which have improved vs. only one partner.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users