BBO Discussion Forums: Chrome/ BBO Chat and Windows task bar conflict - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chrome/ BBO Chat and Windows task bar conflict

#1 User is offline   kengamble 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-May-13, 06:10

When I run BBO using the Chrome browser in a max window, I have a problem with my chat area.It is partially hidden by window's task bar. Apparently the the size algorithm is not compensating for this task bar. If I set the task bar to auto-hide then I can see and access the chat area without problem. Note - when the task bar is hidden, there is a small white area at the bottom of the BBO window that exactly matches the Chrome browser status message area but no room is available for the task bar which is proper in this auto-hide mode. However, when auto-hide is disabled, BBO uses the exact dimensions as before. This leaves me to believe the software is not calculating the size properly when the auto-hide is disabled. In this mode, there should be room for both the status area and the task bar.

Previous answers such as disabling extensions did not resolve this issue.

#2 User is offline   jmc 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-May-13, 08:27

I have been having this same problem. It is quite irritating and I'd love a fix other than re-sizing the BBO window by hand.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-May-13, 09:51

I'm not sure that browser applications can tell that the OS is displaying things that overlap the browser window. It seems like an OS or browser bug that maximizing a window makes it include the area used by the task bar. Does this only happen with Chrome?

#4 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-13, 14:41

View Postbarmar, on 2015-May-13, 09:51, said:

I'm not sure that browser applications can tell that the OS is displaying things that overlap the browser window. It seems like an OS or browser bug that maximizing a window makes it include the area used by the task bar. Does this only happen with Chrome?

I too have been having this problem with Chrome. I just checked Firefox and it maximized properly (filled all but the task bar area). This is fairly new behavior by Chrome (which is the browser I normally use for BBO).
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-May-14, 08:43

Well, I don't think there's anything we can do about how Chrome reacts to the maximize button.

I tried googling for this, it looks like it's the reverse of an old problem. I found a number of posts in the Google Product Forum about maximizing the window covering the Windows taskbar. It sounds like they've now "fixed" it so that instead of Chrome hiding the taskbar, now the taskbar shows over Chrome.

#6 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-14, 14:46

View Postkengamble, on 2015-May-13, 06:10, said:

When I run BBO using the Chrome browser in a max window, I have a problem with my chat area.It is partially hidden by window's task bar. Apparently the the size algorithm is not compensating for this task bar. If I set the task bar to auto-hide then I can see and access the chat area without problem. Note - when the task bar is hidden, there is a small white area at the bottom of the BBO window that exactly matches the Chrome browser status message area but no room is available for the task bar which is proper in this auto-hide mode. However, when auto-hide is disabled, BBO uses the exact dimensions as before. This leaves me to believe the software is not calculating the size properly when the auto-hide is disabled. In this mode, there should be room for both the status area and the task bar.

Previous answers such as disabling extensions did not resolve this issue.

Try:
Either close Chrome or un-maximize it (so that task bar is visible). Right click on the task bar and uncheck the "Lock the taskbar" entry. Reverse that and things may well be ok again (worked for me :) )
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users