BBO Discussion Forums: Let robots play the convention card - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let robots play the convention card

#1 User is offline   mlbarton 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-May-13, 00:48

I don't know if this is the right forum. I've owned and played GIB for years, using the convention card options to allow my partner and I to practice KS (or as close to KS as possible, weak NT, 2/1, etc.). When I play Instant Tournaments on BBO I am playing with, and against, GIB robots. I see no obvious reason why I cannot use the same convention card I use with GIB so that I can play KS against the robot opponents.

Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-May-13, 10:39

When you play in robot tournaments, the robots are running on BBO's server. There's currently no way to customize convention cards on the server.

#3 User is offline   mlbarton 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-June-03, 14:28

Yes, I understand that is the way it works. That's why I posted this under "Suggestions for the Software".

#4 User is offline   akwoo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-03, 17:42

I think, given the current state of knowledge in artificial intelligence, that this is an almost impossible suggestion.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-June-04, 10:08

View Postakwoo, on 2015-June-03, 17:42, said:

I think, given the current state of knowledge in artificial intelligence, that this is an almost impossible suggestion.

He's not asking for artificial intelligence, just the ability to upload a system file that he already uses with the standalone GIB program on his PC (if I understand correctly).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users